7952 replies to this topic

#6661 Gemster

Gemster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostDSM, on 14 April 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

On a final note, and this is very relevant for this site, there is one performer whom, although I have never worked with, my best mate worked closely with her for nearly 3 years and still raves about her today. This a lady, who is not only a fantastic performer, but does have the sincerity and personality that is very worthy of being a role model and that is Rachel Tucker. In fact I have many friends who have worked with her on Wicked and it is heart warming to hear so many people whom I trust, hold a performer in such high esteem. It is rare and so I conclude my debate by asking for your opinions on why you believe certain actors make role models for you.

How brilliant to have an insiders view on Rachel. There's one thing having 'fangirls' rave about a performer but to hear it from the inside shows what an amazing performer and perfect role she is.
This is what you should look for is a role model :)  Here's hoping we see Rachel green again very soon!

#6662 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

I do like Renee, but I think I would prefer see her do Joseph over here as she sounds brilliant as the Narrator! (And I surprise even myself saying that as I don't particularly like Joseph massively as a show)
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6663 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostGemster, on 15 April 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

According to website, Harriet starts in May. Sad to see Louise has had to discontinue. She's a fantastic performer and obviously her illness has taken its toll. Here's to a quick a full recovery!

Where does it say this? can u post link please ???

#6664 Gemster

Gemster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Try here... http://oz.wikia.com/...cked_cast_lists

#6665 Lou Lee

Lou Lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

To all you Wicked fans wanting a London cast recording, I've been on a mission the past couple of months to reproduce one as I believe the brilliant London 2011 cast should have had one made!

Please check out my youtube channel (under Lou Lee) for several tracks that have been edited and remastered to produce the nearest thing possible to a studio recording.

The big one, 'Defying Gravity' is about to go online. This has been by far the hardest track out of all of them and has literally taken 2 months of my spare time to create the best possible outcome!! Please feel free to check out the videos / audios and any feedback is always appreciated as tweeks can be ongoing:)

#6666 I Like West End

I Like West End

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

I think Joanna Monro would make an amazing Morrible! She is currently playing Rosie in Mamma Mia, she would be great at the comedy parts!! I can just see her in the costume.

I am really hoping Sabrina gets Elphie! I can't believe she was ill for her audition - what a nightmare! But they have seen her before so they must know what she is capable of! lauren varnham would be an amazing stand-by Elphaba.

Lauren Samuels also flew back to the UK for a day last week (she is currently on the WWRY world tour) to audition but I don't think she will get it... yet. In a few years she will be an amazing Elphaba.

Whatever happens I just want to see somebody completely new - who has never played the role before.

#6667 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

The issue with sabrina, yes the producers know what shes capable of...so why didnt they cast her before? It could they think she isnt good enough

#6668 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

To be honest Sabrina is still about 5 years younger than most elphies seem to be!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6669 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

I really do think Sabrina would be fantastic, but I can't help but wonder who else has auditioned! And I don't think age is that important, as long as the performer can sing it and convincingly act younger AND older Elphaba. There have been some young Elphies in the US, I think!

(Also I just want to leave this link here in case anyone wants to take a look http://awards.broadway.com/vote/ -- Wicked broadway and the US tour are both up for awards, and Willemijn Verkaik has been nominated for 'favourite replacement' for Elphaba on broadway)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6670 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Just wondered on the website posted before about Harriet Thorpe starting in May it also covers the UK tour cast 2013 under future productions.
It states that Anna Forbes is Glinda.  However this is the only name mentioned.

Dont know how accurate this site is or where the source their info. The site covers every cast member and replacements from every production past and present.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users