7950 replies to this topic

#6691 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Haven't dayseated since last September, but on a Saturday then you wouldn't have got a ticket if you'd turned up after 8.45.

#6692 SueD

SueD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Thanks, I'll probably aim for 8am then :)

#6693 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

View Postposter J, on 22 April 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

Haven't dayseated since last September, but on a Saturday then you wouldn't have got a ticket if you'd turned up after 8.45.

I turned up at lunchtime on a Saturday last year and got a dayseat for the matinee.

#6694 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

So it's the Olivier Awards this Sunday - will be interesting to see how Wicked get on .. Wish it was on the red button like last year !

#6695 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Yeah is any of it televised? Or the concert beforehand in Covent Garden?

#6696 Lou105

Lou105

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

There's a ninety minute programme on ITV1 at 10.15, so obviously not live, but it's something!

#6697 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

I'm hoping to go to Covent Garden on Sunday. And the sun is set to shine

#6698 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

My younger sister is visiting next month and we agreed to go to the theatre. She'd really like to see Wicked, however I'm not a huge fan so don't fancy paying full price for something I know I won't be too enthusiastic about. So I think we're going to go for day seats and if we miss out go to Spamalot which she also wants to see.

What time do you think we should get there on a week day?
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#6699 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

I dayseated on a few Fridays this year and was usually the first at approx. 8am. The next guys didn't appear until 8.45am, so on a common week day you SHOULD be fine when arriving at 9am.
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#6700 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Wicked's West End Eurovision ident is genius. They deserve to win something for this!

Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users