#6701 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostTettekete, on 24 April 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Wicked's West End Eurovision ident is genius. They deserve to win something for this!

That was awesome...Very clever
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#6702 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Haha that's definitely one of the better ones they've done!  :)

Phantom of the Opera's is pretty hilarious as well though, and Once managed to get Helen Mirren for their Bond-themed one, so they may well win it.

#6703 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

That is excellent, my favourites are definitely Viva Forever and A Chorus Line though!

#6704 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

I thought Viva and A Chorus Line were pretty average, not as bad as Billy Elliot though.

Wicked, Once and Phantom are my favourites.

#6705 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Hey Guys, Anyone know what time the sound checks start this Sunday? Would love to see Louise and Gina but can't make the evening performances:(

#6706 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Do we know what they're singing at the Oliviers?

#6707 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

I know it's hard to judge but what are day seats like these days? I'm thinking of going on a wednesday to see a matinee as I live quite far away... whats the latest you would recommend?

I'm thinking if not I'll just got for a student ticket. Any one had experience with these?

#6708 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

From my experience with student tickets, I would say you would be alright to get a decent seat.  I've done it 3 times - Monday night and Wednesday matinee I came away with a £62.50 seat, and Friday night I got a £32.50, all bought in the afternoon. :)

#6709 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Great, thanks for your reply. I think I will gofor a student ticket. I've lost my student card but the web site says they accept railcards so that's good.

Ill be going on my own. I've never done that to the theatre before so I'm a little anxious but I really need some time out and escapism! Anyway - it's not like you go to the theatre to talk!! :)

#6710 coddy92

coddy92

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

I've been on my own before, but dayseated- as you say you don't really need to talk to anyone but it's quite nice to begin to chat with people before the show and at the interval :)

I went and grabbed a student ticket for a Wednesday night performance a few weeks ago and there were quite a few seats left- we ended up with central row D in the circle. It depends...we asked for stalls but they have 'set seats' for each performance that they sell to students, and for that performance they only had reserved the circle. Give it a go and you should be fine- especially if you're on your own as they should have individual seats left here and there! Enjoy!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users