#6721 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostTettekete, on 09 May 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Can we just have Willemijn in London please? I mean, just listen to this (for her upcoming album, maybe...?):

https://www.youtube....h?v=7b6_fhRrfts

Personally i don't like the sound of her voice, also why bring her over, when there is so much talent in this country ?

And i really wish CC would just hurry up, can't come fast enough

#6722 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

* Dutch, and because she does it so much better than anyone else and surely we want the best people in the role, not just the most British? Or they should just ask Kate Middleton to do it!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6723 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

I'm neither a big fan of Willemijn and really hope they cast someone new and fresh as Elphie and not someone who's played that part for such a long time.

And with that talent in the UK, I neither see the need to bring someone over from another country.

I'd much prefer Sabrina Aloueche, Sam Barks (perhaps in a couple of years) or Rachel John being cast.
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#6724 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostJohn_Rebus, on 10 May 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

I'm neither a big fan of Willemijn and really hope they cast someone new and fresh as Elphie and not someone who's played that part for such a long time.

And with that talent in the UK, I neither see the need to bring someone over from another country.

I'd much prefer Sabrina Aloueche, Sam Barks (perhaps in a couple of years) or Rachel John being cast.

Amen to all of that!

#6725 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

my two faves too!

#6726 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

I didn't realise belting was supposed to be moist.

I'd love Sabrina in the role, she'd be a fantastic Elphie, but it'd be nice if Willemijn did a short stint over here to complete her Wicked world takeover. ;) I've seen her a few times and nothing beats seeing her live. She's incredible.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6727 Mallow

Mallow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

I saw Willemijn on Thursday night, my first broadway trip and I have to say she was sensational. Her vocals are crystal clear and her acting was superb. Audios do not do her justice, she's easily one of my top three Elphabas. I had no idea what to expect from her but she was phenomenal and I've seen over ten girls in the role.

#6728 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

So it seems there's a common favourite Elphie (or actually two), but how about Glinda?

A few names come to my mind as Julie Atherton (who'd need elder (co-)leads), Susan MacFadden (not sure if she's more of an Elphaba though) or Katie Hall (not sure if she can deliver the funny parts). But my absolute favourite would be Emma Williams. I can't stop listening to her stunning rendition of "Mein Herr" on the Momentous Musicals CD (if you haven't already - buy this CD. It's worth every pence).

Any other ideas or comments?
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#6729 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

If i could cast i'd have Sabrina Aloueche as Elphaba London, Rachel John as Elphaba Tour.

No idea about Glindas though, weird how they are harder to put names to.

#6730 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

I'd like to see Lauren Samuels, Sam Barks or Cassie Compton as Elphaba then Katie Hall as Glinda! Just to see a new fresher younger take on the role! Strangely I always go through cycles with Sabrina and for some reason I just really don't want her as Elphie right now! :P
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users