7952 replies to this topic

#6731 Joule

Joule

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

Re: Cassie Compton as Elphie - yes, yes, yes!
Lauren Samuels would definitely be vocally good as well - can't comment on the rest.

Scarlett Strallen as Glinda if she can deliver the comedy (vocals wouldn't be an issue).

Apart from that, I don't think Willemjijn will want to do Wicked again/much longer, but she would be my top choice as well. I don't care that she's not British. I want the best person for the role, not the best British person. If they import somebody from the Tristan de Cunha island (ok, extreme example) and somebody British who's very good but not quite as good misses out, then that's completely fine by me.
'You're about as sexy as a cabbage patch kid.'

#6732 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Emma williams as glinda needs to happen

Glindas a harder role to cast i think, trying to find a soprano who can also deliver the humour, not easy. Gina is far and away the best ive seen so far

#6733 Joule

Joule

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

I haven't seen the show for a couple of years. If we do have such a good Glinda, maybe I should think about catching it before cast change!
'You're about as sexy as a cabbage patch kid.'

#6734 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

I don't like Gina's Glinda, but I seem to be in the minority there!

I'd love to see Scarlett Strallen as Glinda, she's one of the best things about the current A Chorus Line revival.

#6735 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Siobhan Dillon seems to be tweeting a lot about something she`s auditioning for the last few weeks. Obviously it could be anything but she has been linked to this before. I think they are still going through the process as someone said before it wont be over until the end of May.

#6736 StevieNight

StevieNight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

Finally saw Wicked for the first time today (I know it has taken me far too long!)  Really enjoyed the show.

#6737 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

wanting to see cassie compton as elphaba? never heard anything so funny in my life!

#6738 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostJoule, on 11 May 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Re: Cassie Compton as Elphie - yes, yes, yes!
Lauren Samuels would definitely be vocally good as well - can't comment on the rest.

Scarlett Strallen as Glinda if she can deliver the comedy (vocals wouldn't be an issue).

Apart from that, I don't think Willemjijn will want to do Wicked again/much longer, but she would be my top choice as well. I don't care that she's not British. I want the best person for the role, not the best British person. If they import somebody from the Tristan de Cunha island (ok, extreme example) and somebody British who's very good but not quite as good misses out, then that's completely fine by me.

Willemijn's always said she'd keep doing Wicked so long as she's asked to do it, as she can't imagine not bringing new things to the role of Elphaba and having that in her life. It'll be a sad day when she quits!
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6739 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 11 May 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

wanting to see cassie compton as elphaba? never heard anything so funny in my life!

People are entitled to their opinion as much as you - have a bit more respect!

#6740 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

I think Chloe Hart would make a great elphaba!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users