#6741 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

View Postposter J, on 11 May 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

People are entitled to their opinion as much as you - have a bit more respect!

finding something funny isn't disputing someones opinion. saying "no, she would be terrible, you are wrong, and i am right" would be. and it's not about respect, this entire Wicked thread can learn a few things about respect tbh.

#6742 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

View Postharveyjnr, on 11 May 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

finding something funny isn't disputing someones opinion. saying "no, she would be terrible, you are wrong, and i am right" would be. and it's not about respect, this entire Wicked thread can learn a few things about respect tbh.

It's pretty much laughing at someone's opinion, and that's disrespectful in my book.

#6743 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Oohh interesting Cassie Compton had never occured to me. Gosh i really hope they'll be announcing 2 new Elphabas, rather than just the 1.

Personally hope Gina continues on for a 3rd year, Think she's fantastic as Glinda :)

#6744 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

I saw Jason Winter's Fiyero on Friday. Good to finally see someone who has more than this WTF-am-I-doing-here look on his face. Also preferred his singing and acting by far.

Harriet was a magnificient Morrible and possibly one of the best acting-wise I ever saw.

Louise still improved compared to the last time I saw her five weeks ago. Possibly her best DG.

I was quite disappointed that neither of the Ozdust boutiques handed out the glossy extra page for the programme any more. Since then I always got one when I kindly asked, but on Friday I was told they were counted and not handed out...

Quite long dayseat queue. Approx. 30 people waited when the box office opened. One shouldn't have arrived much later than 9am.
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#6745 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

View Postposter J, on 12 May 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

It's pretty much laughing at someone's opinion, and that's disrespectful in my book.

oh bore off!

#6746 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

View Postharveyjnr, on 12 April 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

i just think in this thread we should stick to casting ideas, favourite songs, and all the great things in the show, favourite interpretations of the characters, fave covers! i don't think its fair we talk about the actors weaknesses. how they were better before etc they read this too i reckon. oh i don't know. i'm going to get attacked by all of you saying we're allowed to say what we want now... and i guess ud be right so..

So you are laughing at the idea of someone playing a role, when you posted this yourself a month ago?
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6747 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Last Night @ The Palladium: http://youtu.be/KqtpAuqNQDc

#6748 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostMS1995, on 13 May 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

So you are laughing at the idea of someone playing a role, when you posted this yourself a month ago?

exactly, so now i'm learning to have a lighter approach as everyone else seems to on this thread and i still get penalised!

#6749 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostDragononmyback, on 13 May 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Last Night @ The Palladium: http://youtu.be/KqtpAuqNQDc

Wow! I've missed hearing Rachel's gorgeous voice singing this. :)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6750 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Kerry`s Palladium show was outstanding last night. But the elphie quartet definitely finished it off perfectly.  All four were completely different in style as they were/are in the show. Rachel got the biggest reaction when she came on.It brought the house down with full immediate standing ovation. All of them look like they loved it as well. Girl power at its best.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users