John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

View Postdannyboyjohnson, on 29 May 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Carley Stenton as Nessarose maybe?

I'd say she's way too old for Nessa (assuming you're meaning Carley Stenson). But perhaps as Glinda?
"If you want to get the girl of your dreams, all you gotta do is change your personality beyond recognition and wear lots of tight leather apparel." - Rydell High School, School Motto.

#6872 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Oh yeah sorry, spelt her name wrong :/ Im talking Elle/Princess Fiona :) She could do Glinda, i think she may have the voice for it. I think she would be fabulous in Wicked!

#6873 Joule

Joule

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

In relation to the discussion of casting rumours:

Please do keep any rumours and/or speculations coming, as far as I'm concerned. It's up to every individual as to what they make of them, but I think the casting rumours and discussion thereof are half the fun. No discussion at all till the announcement would be extremely dull.
'You're about as sexy as a cabbage patch kid.'

#6874 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

I think what the London production really needs at the moment is a bit of tightening.

I remember when Rachel, Louise and the new company started in March 2010 their first show together was such a relief after dancing/vocals etc. started to get quite sloppy towards the end of Alexia and Diane's run.

I feel like the same is happening this year and that we need stronger leads who can really give the production the depth/nuance it had when it started on Broadway (and still has, in recent years, with strong leads like Mandy Gonzalez). Even the orchestra seems very flat and lacking in energy, especially when compared with how amazing the London orchestra used to sound 2007/08.

So I think they need to look at casting very strong leads and get the creatives from America to come in and tighten everything up.

#6875 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

Repeated. Sorry

#6876 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

Seems like a lot of wisdom in that

#6877 CathyFromLex

CathyFromLex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

You don't think Louise and Gina are strong leads? I have never seen the London production, so all I know is what I read and see/hear online. Genuinely curious as to what you mean exactly.

#6878 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

Louise is by far the strongest of the current cast! This ensemble is the best i have seen of the London cast as well

#6879 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

Although I think Gina is good and the ensemble is alright at the moment, I saw the broadway production last month and it was superior in every way! I was really impressed by the dancing in the show, and wicked doesn't really have all that much dancing! The orchestra sounded incredible (the us orchestra is very drum heavy at the moment, which I really like the sound of). The two leads were the best Elphie and Glinda I have seen, the wizard shamed anyone we have had in London! And the Fiyero was the understudy and he was much better than any of the 3 London fiyeros I have seen! So although I don't feel that the London production is weak, I was reminded of how good this show can be, so I think they should do a complete overhaul soon, to avoid any people getting bored of their role and the energy stays high!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6880 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

I agree, I thought it felt really lacklustre when I saw it in March. Gina was off so I had Lucy van Gasse instead, so that might've had something to do with it. It definitely needs tightening up and refreshing.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users