#6911 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostSSB, on 02 June 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

I still have complete faith she'll be announced as doing the tour tomorrow? Complete wishful thinking on my behalf but too many tweet / hints for this not to be the case. What a brilliant Tucker day this is turning out to be!! :)
  What tweets and hints ? I don't think she will, not now she has a young baby. This news tomorrow could be a huge anti-climax!

#6912 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

Can't imagine the official Wicked UK facebook page would say the following if it was refering to Rachel's album release......"My dearingest, darlingest Ozians! Wicked UK has an incredible announcement to share with you all..."

It will be casting news I'm sure so here's hoping for the greatest Elphie to return:)

#6913 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

I know Rachel coming back has been heavily discussed on here. Nothing would surprise me if she did and it would be great publicity for today`s announcement. But cant really see it. More likely Willjem or Sam Barks level if its a big elphaba name. But even that is pure speculation. We will see tomorrow if its a fuss over nothing and just another publicity stunt.

#6914 Dubbie

Dubbie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Please can it be someone who hasn't already performed the role for 2.5 years (or 5 in Willemijn's case). There's so much talent out there, no need to keep recycling.

#6915 Jordosaur!

Jordosaur!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

I hope they can find someone fresh and exciting. I've been listening to some audios of Lindsay Mendez and kudos to the casting team over on Broadway, she's new to Wicked but absolutely incredible and sounds like she's been doing the show for ages already! Hopefully the casting team over here can have as much luck when casting the two new Elphies, though maybe by this time tomorrow we'll know if they have or not!

#6916 Artanis

Artanis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

I´m pretty sure the news has nothing to do with Willemijn. She said we are soon able to see a completely new side of her, so it´s not Elphaba. Maybe Glinda. Really, I would find it so amazing if that is the news they are referring to. But November, when Ginas contract supposedly ends, is a little bit too far away for Willemijn. I doubt she does nothing for such a long time.

#6917 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

I honestly can't see Willemijn playing Glinda. She could sing and act it, and it'd be hilarious, but... I can't see that happening. :) Apparently she's going to be doing something not Wicked-related next anyway, and there's her appearance at the O2 for Scott Alan's concert in August. She's also been talking a lot about recording her first album.

V. excited for Rachel's album and concert, by the way!
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6918 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

My prediction is that Willemijn will do Houdini (Stephen Schwartz's new musical) when it comes to broadway next year, and her Broadway run in Wicked was to see how US audiences would take to her (Very well it turns out). But that wouldn't be until spring 2014, and that would only happen if they can find a male lead as the rumours are that Hugh Jackman has pulled out!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6919 Artanis

Artanis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Where does it say that Hugh has pulled out? I know at Broadwayworld.com one person said it is that way (I could be completely wrong, but I think it´s a poser. You just have to look at his posts, the arrogance...), but another person said it is wrong, that Hugh is still attached and IMHO it sounds more reliable. Or do you have other sources?

#6920 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

No idea if that could be true but it would be cool! She definitely said she's doing something outside of the Netherlands but "closer to home" than Broadway, next. So who knows! Could be something in Germany or the UK if we're lucky. :)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users