As in it's a lie, OR you didn't want her ?? I didn't want her :(

#6933 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

As in im getting a message saying retweet to find out who it is and im not doing that just to get an announcement. Who is it?

#6934 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostTitan, on 03 June 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

As in im getting a message saying retweet to find out who it is and im not doing that just to get an announcement. Who is it?

Willemijn

#6935 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

Oh sorry, Willemijn Verkaik ! Hope that is spelt correctly

#6936 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Haven't been to Wicked in Lomdon in several years. Think, with Willemijn Verkaik, a Christmas trip is in order. She blew my mind on Broadway.

#6937 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

A lot of people are saying Willemijn is the new Elphaba starting November. If it's true I'll be VERY happy. I never thought I'd get to see her Elphaba again after Holland!
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6938 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

But what about the Tour cast ?

#6939 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Is that it?  An Elphaba who's already played the role for years is coming to London, and not until November?  If that's the big announcement then I'm extremely disappointed.  There's so much talent out there and we're getting someone who's already done the role for so long, it's such a shame.  I guess the one upside to this is that I'll finally get to see what everyone's been raving about and see if I agree, but it'll take a hell of a lot to top Rachel in my opinion.

And they really need to announce the tour cast soon!

#6940 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Yes, there's so much talent out there. If this IS true, then take into account that this would be Willemijn's West End debut and her FIFTH company of Wicked, in her third language. There's nothing this woman cant do. :)

I'm anxious to see if this is real though... I thought there would be an official announcement.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users