7952 replies to this topic

#6951 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Sorry but thats a terrible way to announce the new Elphaba...the link is on the facebook page but I dont have twitter so I had to come here to actually find out who it is!! Why cant they just say its Willemijn? Personally I'm excited - it would have been nice to see someone new but I've been watching loads of youtube clips of her and she does seem amazing to me so I cant see her live!

#6952 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostTitan, on 03 June 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

Also that twitter retweet thing was ridiculous, not everyone has twitter so you tell your fans to check the Facebook page Monday, make them wait all day and then post a link to something they cant view!
I totally agree, what was the point?

#6953 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Gahhhhh so excited!!!! Super Elphie taking over the world!!!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6954 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

Also what about Glinda? Does this imply Gina's staying or will she be announced later?

#6955 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

Does anyone know when her first night will be???
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6956 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostMS1995, on 03 June 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Haha are you booking tickets already? ;)

#6957 Jordosaur!

Jordosaur!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Eugh, how disappointing. What does Willemijn hope to gain from this as a performer? Performing the same songs and acting the same book that you've already done in 3 other companies is hardly very inspiring. I'd understand if this was her first time doing it in English but she conquered that over on Broadway. I suppose it's about exposure in the hope to land more English roles, but given how well received she was on Broadway, I doubt she's short of opportunities either side of the Atlantic.

Of course I'll go see her, the great and mighty Willemijn, to see if she actually does live up to all the hype but I'm certainly more interested in seeing the tour at this point.

#6958 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostMS1995, on 03 June 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Should be the 18th

#6959 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostCatqc, on 03 June 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Sorry but thats a terrible way to announce the new Elphaba...the link is on the facebook page but I dont have twitter so I had to come here to actually find out who it is!! Why cant they just say its Willemijn? Personally I'm excited - it would have been nice to see someone new but I've been watching loads of youtube clips of her and she does seem amazing to me so I cant see her live!

Videos absolutely don't do her justice. I'm excited for the UK to get a proper glimpse of how fantastic her Elphaba is. :)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6960 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostCatqc, on 03 June 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

Haha are you booking tickets already? ;)

Of course! I want to be there on her first and last nights! (And probably lots of others too)
PLANNED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users