7950 replies to this topic

#6961 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

When Harriet Thorpe was announced as returning as Morrible, they said she was back 22 April to 16 November, so it looks as if cast change is the 16th November, which would make Willemijn's starting night the 18th.

#6962 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostJordosaur!, on 03 June 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

Eugh, how disappointing. What does Willemijn hope to gain from this as a performer? Performing the same songs and acting the same book that you've already done in 3 other companies is hardly very inspiring. I'd understand if this was her first time doing it in English but she conquered that over on Broadway. I suppose it's about exposure in the hope to land more English roles, but given how well received she was on Broadway, I doubt she's short of opportunities either side of the Atlantic.

Of course I'll go see her, the great and mighty Willemijn, to see if she actually does live up to all the hype but I'm certainly more interested in seeing the tour at this point.

I agree, it honestly does seem to me to be a strange career decision for her - if she's not already hugely typecast, then she risks becoming so now.  I very much hope she'll actually bring something new to the London company and not just end up going through the motions like other long-serving Elphabas have tended to do at times, including those I like!

Whether or not I'm more interested in the tour will depend on who's cast for that, but certainly Wicked London risks being overhyped now.

#6963 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

Sabrina's tweet GUTTED !! I've never cried when i haven't got "the job"! But I've beamed with euphoria when i have! No tears being shed-someones dream has come true!

#6964 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

View Postposter J, on 03 June 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

I agree, it honestly does seem to me to be a strange career decision for her - if she's not already hugely typecast, then she risks becoming so now.  I very much hope she'll actually bring something new to the London company and not just end up going through the motions like other long-serving Elphabas have tended to do at times, including those I like!

Whether or not I'm more interested in the tour will depend on who's cast for that, but certainly Wicked London risks being overhyped now.

Every time she's joined a new cast she's changed the role. In her words, she always seems to find new things in Elphaba that she can bring to the show to keep it fresh, and Elphaba is a big part of her now. Dedication!
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6965 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

This day is so depressing Sabrina Aloueche hasn't got Tour Elpaba either :(

#6966 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

View Postisabel, on 03 June 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

This day is so depressing Sabrina Aloueche hasn't got Tour Elpaba either :(
do you know who has?

#6967 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostCatqc, on 03 June 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

do you know who has?
   NO ! I just saw her reply to a tweet saying she hasn't got the part of Elphaba  on tour. :( :(

#6968 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

i can only assume that t

View Postisabel, on 03 June 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Sabrina's tweet GUTTED !! I've never cried when i haven't got "the job"! But I've beamed with euphoria when i have! No tears being shed-someones dream has come true!

i can only assume that she's talking about wicked from this?  gosh, thats made me get quiet teary eyed. dignity right there. however wicked news haven't said she hasn't got tour.... they responded with "we're looking for TWO elphabas don't forget" to a dishearted sabrina fan!

#6969 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

View Postisabel, on 03 June 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

NO ! I just saw her reply to a tweet saying she hasn't got the part of Elphaba  on tour. :( :(

haven't they got to say no though?

#6970 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

LOL yes just thought she can't actually say 'yes' if she has got it ! there is still hope !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users