#6971 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

Broadwayworld have confirmed Willemijn is playing Elphaba in London from November. Willemijn has also confirmed on twitter!
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6972 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 03 June 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

haven't they got to say no though?
couldnt they just not say anything? I wish she'd got tour too but seems unlikely to me that she would definitively say she hasnt if she has...:(

#6973 Artanis

Artanis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

LOL, I was so wrong. She will really do Elphaba in West End. I´m just confused, cause she said we will be able to see another side of her soon.

#6974 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

yeah, a british side....!!!

#6975 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

View Postisabel, on 03 June 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Sabrina's tweet GUTTED !! I've never cried when i haven't got "the job"! But I've beamed with euphoria when i have! No tears being shed-someones dream has come true!

What a dignified tweet, regardless of whether she hasn't got the tour or not.  I can still hope she'll be Elphaba someday, there's no-one I can think of who I'd want to see in the role more.

#6976 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

agreed poster j. she's always got a sunny outlook.. its such an inspiration to anyone in the industry needing to see how to deal with the knock backs

#6977 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostTettekete, on 03 June 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Willemijn's West End debut and her FIFTH company of Wicked, in her third language. There's nothing this woman cant do. :)

She's played the role in five companies, but you say there is "nothing this woman can't do"? Yet she's been doing the SAME thing for years, lol.

I might be tempted to go and see her if she's as good as people say...
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#6978 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Oh no - hugely disappointed by that choice. I so much hoped for a fresh and new Elphaba.

Still hoping to get a new tour Elphie though.
"If you want to get the girl of your dreams, all you gotta do is change your personality beyond recognition and wear lots of tight leather apparel." - Rydell High School, School Motto.

#6979 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 03 June 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

she's always got a sunny outlook.. its such an inspiration to anyone in the industry needing to see how to deal with the knock backs

Indeed, well said :)

#6980 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostJohn_Rebus, on 03 June 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Oh no - hugely disappointed by that choice. I so much hoped for a fresh and new Elphaba.

Still hoping to get a new tour Elphie though.

well i was right about town, i'd say its deffo between nikky dj, and sabrina aloueche for tour. i know which i'd prefer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users