#7011 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostTitan, on 03 June 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

As for Sabrina, if she didnt get the tour will Wicked fans finally accept that maybe she just isnt right for the role!!

View PostTitan, on 03 June 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Well potentially yes, if they didnt get it there is a high probability they arnt right for the role. But with Sabrina, Wicked fans seem to have this obsession and assumption that Sabrina will/should play Elphaba. Maybe she just isnt right for the role, talented that she is.

No, because she's right for the role in my eyes.  If the producers don't think she's right, fair enough, that's only their opinion on what the role should be.  My own opinion is that Sabrina would be wonderful in the role and I'm certainly not going to change that just because she doesn't get cast or because someone else thinks I should!  There's one role (or two in this case), and infinite potential auditionees, so to say that someone isn't right for the role just because they didn't get it a particular time is frankly ridiculous.

Besides, what is 'right' for the role is inherently subjective, and fans are perfectly entitled to have a different opinion to the producers.  Plus you make a huge sweeping generalisation about Wicked fans anyway - sure, some people want Sabrina in the role, but others don't.  Everyone's entitled to their opinion as much as anyone else.

View Postharveyjnr, on 03 June 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

also i hate that they've announced this 5 months before louise leaves the show. her elphaba was growin on me. she desreved to finish the contract not in the shadow of whoever is hyped up to be coming in next for nearly half a year

Indeed, I said the same earlier on.  I find all of this hype very disrespectful to Louise.

View PostSSB, on 03 June 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

Only problem is....who's actually heard of WV outside of the 'Wicked' world?

Not many people I would think!  And judging by the facebook comments, not even a lot of people who are Wicked fans!

View Postharveyjnr, on 03 June 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

well i disgaree with the above. its not a problem people don't know who she is. it'd be a HUGE problem if they did/ a celebrity of corrie playing elphaba! i don't think people need to know anything other than this is a musical theatre show not britains got talent, and that the leading lady coming in, is straight off the stage on broadway. wonder who'll be replacing her on broadway?

Lindsay Mendez has already replaced her on Broadway.  And I have to say I don't consider Willemijn a star either, I hadn't a clue who she was before she started being hyped up on this thread, and she certainly wouldn't be known to anyone outside theatre fans.  She's not a star, she's a musical theatre actress who's fairly well known among the theatre community for playing one specific part.

View PostCatqc, on 03 June 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

What does it matter whether she's a star or not? I thought everyone here wanted someone new and they wouldnt necessarily be a star!

It doesn't matter, but what does matter is that she's not someone new!  She's new to London, but not new to the role, and some people, myself included, were hoping for a completely fresh take on the role rather than someone who's ever played it before!

#7012 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

OMG Louise Dearman is doing the tour as Fiyero??? ;)
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#7013 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

View Postenjoytheatre, on 03 June 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

The way they have announced the West End Elphaba is just silly. Why not announce the tour first. Maybe the tour is selling well so this is a push to sell more West End tickets. Not everyone is on Twitter though.
But maybe i can start some Intrigue with the tour cast that i know. I will let the forum work out the names, more fun this way.
Elphaba - NDJ   Glinda - ET
Fiyero - LD  Boq -  GU
Nessa - CG
OZ - Big Name Not sure myself. Different one for each venue. Any Guesses ?

If this is true, then there goes my excitement for the tour.  Taking nothing away from the two ladies who've got Elphaba, but the producers had two opportunities to cast a new Elphaba and didn't, and given the number of insanely talented possibilities, that's ridiculous.

#7014 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

Who is 'ET' anyway ? They seem to like bringing back 'old' cast members ..unfortunately

#7015 coddy92

coddy92

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

View Postisabel, on 03 June 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

PosterJ  Totally agree with you ! Who is 'ET' anyway ? They seem to like bringing back 'old' cast members ..unfortunately

I'm struggling to work out ET too...unless Spielberg's alien creation is donning a blonde wig!

#7016 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

Emily Tierney?

#7017 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostMS1995, on 03 June 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

love it!

#7018 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostMS1995, on 03 June 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Well that would revive my interest in the tour...;)

#7019 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

i knew it- nikki dj elphie, liam doyle fiyero. like i said. emily tierney for galinda?

#7020 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

how boring anyway. not given the role to anyone fresh and new it appears

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users