#7021 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

I feel the need to clear up that Willemijn is also known for playing other roles, some of which she played while being main cast Elphaba in Oberhausen (AKA Amneris in Aida). Elisabeth, 3 Musketiers, We Will Rock You as Killer Queen, also covered KQ, Meat and Scaramouche, and several other shows.

Carry on!
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#7022 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PostTettekete, on 03 June 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

I feel the need to clear up that Willemijn is also known for playing other roles, some of which she played while being main cast Elphaba in Oberhausen (AKA Amneris in Aida). Elisabeth, 3 Musketiers, We Will Rock You as Killer Queen, also covered KQ, Meat and Scaramouche, and several other shows.

Carry on!

the need to clear that up says that she's NOT known for those roles.

#7023 Artanis

Artanis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

I love Willemijn but I´m not so happy about it. I really was looking forward to see her in another role and she said she will have somethign completely different than Elphaba. Maybe this summer, November is still far away.

#7024 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostTettekete, on 03 June 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Carry on!

But she's not widely known for those roles, certainly not in the UK - the number of people on the Wicked UK facebook page asking who she is is testament to that.  She's not even known as someone who's been in Wicked before.  The vast majority of people won't have a clue who she is, so it seems weird to announce her casting so far in advance, as she certainly doesn't have any celebrity status that would boost the box office.

#7025 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Maybe she's only doing a short run anyway .......... Interested to see if we get a new Glinda.

#7026 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

I hope its Emily Tierney as Glinda!!

#7027 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 03 June 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

the need to clear that up says that she's NOT known for those roles.

Oh, she is, but generally to those with broader knowledge on productions outside of their home country.

Emily Tierney for tour Glinda?
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#7028 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

View Postisabel, on 03 June 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Maybe she's only doing a short run anyway .......... Interested to see if we get a new Glinda.

I'm hoping for a new Glinda, as much as I love Gina in the role, acting-wise she didn't seem into it the last time I saw her in March, compared to when I saw her infor the first time in June last year.
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#7029 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Oh wow just checked ticketmaster for Louise's final show, either the ticket prices have shot up, or there is a fault with the system ! The seat I was in Saturday evening was £35, it's now £70 !!!   Also amazed how little seats are left !

#7030 coddy92

coddy92

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

View Postisabel, on 03 June 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Oh wow just checked ticketmaster for Louise's final show, either the ticket prices have shot up, or there is a fault with the system ! The seat I was in Saturday evening was £35, it's now £70 !!!   Also amazed how little seats are left !

It's probably because ATG tickets are the main ticket providers from 4th November onwards :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users