7952 replies to this topic

#7101 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hmmm, Steal My Heart is an interesting one, it isn't exactly what you would expect from an Irish woman! I had got the rest of those, 'I'll cover you' is also a bit of a surprise but she does have a history with Rent!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#7102 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

I wonder if we will get a duet with Louie Dearman... didn't one of them hint at it not so long ago or have I completely made that up? :lol:

Also, I know it's predictable, but I really am really looking forward to her studio version of DG.

#7103 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostCatqc, on 05 June 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

Could be...
Also kinda random but how do you pronounce Willemijn Verkaik?

It's more like "Vill-eh-mine Ver-kike", but it's hard to type out Dutch pronounciations LOL. I can imagine a ton of people just calling her Will. :P You can hear someone saying her name here:

I also think track 5 on Rachel's album might be "My Immortal" by Evanescence... just a guess!
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#7104 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

View PostSSB, on 05 June 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Track 7 - 'I'll Cover You' (Rent)

I thought that too, but it's a strange one to pick!  I'm wondering if that's more likely to be a non-musical theatre or even an original song, as I can't quite imagine it as a full solo - it's only solo in the reprise in the musical, and even then has ensemble backing.

#7105 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

My thoughts exactly regards to I'll cover you and Steal my Heart but then if you think about Louise Dearman's album, they were songs with a distinct 'Louise' twist so I expect BigHands Records to do the same with Rachel. :) Still struggling on tracks 2, 9 and 10.
Good job on 'My Immortal' Tettkete!

#7106 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

Can someone on this thread explain to me why Wicked above any other show in the WE gets over 700 pages mostly relating to casting speculation and comparison. Even the "ongoing" Les Mis thread can only manage 70 or so pages. So what is it about this show that makes for over 700 pages.

Before I get lots of vitriolic responses from the Wicked fans, please understand that I have enjoyed Wicked every time I have seen it - terrific musical - and my question is in no way a criticism. I just don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with the casting of this show above any other put together?

#7107 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

A lot of it's not related to casting and comparison though, I think that's an unfair generalisation - the last two pages have been trying to figure out Rachel Tucker's album tracklisting, and people frequently post about trips to the show, information about when understudies are on (the Wicked standbys always seem to generate some very loyal following...) and just general discussion about the show.

Plus it has been running for nearly 6 years, with some high-profile casting and cast changes, so that obviously generates a lot of discussion.  I think it probably also appeals a lot to the generation who are internet-savvy, and who are really the first generation to properly use forums and the internet for discussion. And this thread has been running for years as well.

And clearly Les Mis etc just doesn't generate as much discussion on here.  Other shows do though - Book of Mormon is already over 80 pages and it's only just opened, and the We Will Rock You thread is pretty big but just hasn't been posted in for a while, so it's certainly not unique to Wicked!

#7108 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

Nikki Davis-Jones (Elphaba) and Emily Tierney (Glinda) join Liam Doyle (Fiyero), George Ure (Boq), Marilyn Cutts (Madame Morrible), Dale Rapley (The Wizard and Doctor Dillamond), Carina Gillespie (Nessarose) and Jemma Alexander (Standby Elphaba)

Tour Cast officially announced!!

#7109 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

A little surprised theres no name for Wizard or Morrible but I guess they are saving a salary by having the wizard and dillamond played by same guy

#7110 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

How will they do the scene with Dillamond under the sheet in the Wizards chamber?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users