7950 replies to this topic

#7111 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

I guess somebody else will just be in Dillamonds costume for that one scene?

#7112 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

That could be played by ensemble in the costume, he doesnt speak

#7113 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

The biggest name is Nikki, but she is only really known in the theatre world, paticularly Wicked. I'm thrilled with Emily Tierney, she was amazing in The Wizard Of Oz, seriously underused but amazing!! And also George Ure, hes the best Boq ive heard

#7114 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

First Willemijn announced as the new London Elphaba, then Nikki Davis-Jones and Emily Tierney are announced as the UK tour Elphie and Glinda.

This has been a good week...bring on November!!!!!
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#7115 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

Im seeing it next on Louise's final show in November... Im too excited!!

#7116 musicalgeek

musicalgeek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

I stand corrected, Emily will be amazing! Loved her in WOZ!

#7117 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Very very excited about Emily Tierney as Glinda. :) And Jemma Alexander as the standby for Elphaba sounds interesting.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#7118 MrTRobz

MrTRobz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

NDJ I have always wanted to see her after hearing the recordings!

And I seen Emily Tierney is WOZ and thought she'd be a perfect Glinda! :)
Shows Seen

[LONDON]
Wicked
Oliver!
Wizard of Oz
Shrek

[BELFAST]
Joseph Tour
Grease Tour
Buddy Tour
Legally Blonde Tour
Hairspray Tour

[DUBLIN]
Chitty, chitty, Bang bang Tour
Hairspray Tour
Lion King Tour

To be seen

[DUBLIN]
Wicked Tour

[LONDON]
Charlie and the Chocolate factory
Matilda

#7119 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Standby Elphaba but no standby Glinda?  Wonder how many Glinda understudies they'll have then.  I'd be interested to see Emily Tierney as Glinda, but the tour is pretty expensive...

#7120 Mallow

Mallow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Carina will also be an understudy for Glinda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users