7950 replies to this topic

#7141 ajkb7926

ajkb7926

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

I must admit I like the fall - I think it symbolizes that she has lost everything and is trying to make sense of it all. But then again I also like the crazy edge Donna Vivino added to that performance as I see it as her showing the Wicked Witch side with hysteria and truly becoming Wicked.

At the same time I can see why people do not like it because it can become too much very easily.

#7142 Carmella1

Carmella1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

Goodness a little OTT.  Sometimes she was positively wild eyed.

#7143 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

I like Donna Vivinno but I hate that 'Fiyero' and I also dislike her high pitched 'If that's all good deeds are.'. Far too over the top.

#7144 Artanis

Artanis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

I really like the Fiyero riff, but I found that high "all " good deeds kinda silly. The fall I like too, it´s so dramatic and makes sense iMHO.

#7145 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

I quite like the fall,at least it is a fresh take on the song with riffs in different places. See what people mean about being a bit OTT but also feel a bit like she is tipping her hat to the witch in Wiz of Oz by playing it a bit more crazy

#7146 BGLowe

BGLowe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

Very interesting to see a wide range of opinions (guess that's the beauty of MT!) I personally like the slight craziness she has, I always think that in 'NGD' the line between sane/insane is a little blurred as Elphaba feels she's lost everything/everyone at the point. On the other hand, I can see why it could be considered OTT to some. I just like to see fresh interpretations on the songs really!
London:
A Chorus Line x1| Avenue Q x1| Bad Girls x1| Blood Brothers x1| Cabaret x2| Carousel x4| Chicago x2| From Here to Eternity x1 | Ghost x1| Legally Blonde x1| Les Miserables x3| Little Shop of Horrors x1| Lost Boy x1 | Love Never Dies x2| Marguerite x1| Matilda x1| Once x2| One Man, Two Guvnors x1| Peter Pan x1| Rock of Ages x2| Sister Act x1| Spamalot x1| Stephen Ward x1| Sweeney Todd x1| Sweet Charity x1| The Book Of Mormon x1| The King And I x1| The Lion King x1| The Light Princess x1| The Phantom of the Opera x1| The Sound of Music x1| The West End Men x1 The Wizard of Oz x1| Urinetown x1| We Will Rock You x1| Whistle Down The Wind x2| Wicked x5|

Booked for: Carousel

National Tours:
Aspects of Love x1| Avenue Q x2| Birdsong x1| Blood Brothers x4| Chess x1| Evita x1| Fame x1| Footloose x1| Grease x1| Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat x1| Legally Blonde x1| Oklahoma x1| Rocky Horror Show x1| Starlight Express x1| Tell Me on a Sunday x1| The History Boys x1| West Side Story x1| Whistle Down The Wind x2|

#7147 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'd say that this is one of my favourite renditions of No Good Deed:

https://www.youtube....h?v=qCUInhl56wY
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#7148 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostTettekete, on 18 June 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

I can't wait to see her live :)

#7149 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostTettekete, on 18 June 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

just interested, what are the main differences you noticed between the London and Dutch productions of wicked? I mean in terms of staging, production, orchestra etc.?

#7150 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

View Posttsxmitw, on 18 June 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

just interested, what are the main differences you noticed between the London and Dutch productions of wicked? I mean in terms of staging, production, orchestra etc.?

Some of the blocking was a bit different in Dancing Through Life, and even some of the spoken lines were expanded upon (such as Dorothy actually being named in the catfight scene). The stage is shallower and wider than the AV stage, so there were a few changes made to accomodate the set, but the majority of things were the same. I can't remember noticing anything different about the orchestra, though.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users