7952 replies to this topic

#7171 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Glad to see Sophie Linder-Lee getting promoted, she's been in the show for quite a while now.  Hopefully I'll catch one of her Glinda shows - not sure how many times she's been on as an understudy already, but I doubt it's that many.  Always thought she'd make a good Glinda.  I'll be interested to see Savannah Stevenson as well though.  It's a big cast change for the principals, but not so much for the ensemble - 17 of them are staying on, 18 if you count Sophie!

#7172 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

I'm surprised that Hayley Gallivan is leaving, I thought she would be staying for another contract at least.

#7173 Jordosaur!

Jordosaur!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

Actually quite sad that Hayley is leaving, it's unlikely I'll get to see her before she leaves now and I'd actually love to see her. Pleased that they've given the cast such a facelift though, hopefully they all bring a renewed energy to the show.

#7174 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, really positive about this cast. Good choices all round.

I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Hayley in Wicked in the future - she could come back as London lead, Tour lead, tour standby etc. - lots of possibilities.

#7175 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

GUTTED Hayley is leaving, she is fantastic !! :(

#7176 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Jason Winter is leaving as well. I loved his Fiyero. Will definitely go and see him one more time in September.

#7177 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

Fab that we have a new fresh cast, can't say i'll miss them except Hayley.

#7178 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

I'm really sad that Gina, Hayley, Michelle, Gemma and Chris Howell are leaving. The same can't be said for Ben Freeman though, and I'm actually really surprised (and happy) with the casting of Jeremy Taylor as Fiyero. I've seen him as Galileo in WWRY before and he was great! I'm not thrown off by the possible age difference between him and Willemijn, either -- her previous Fiyeros in Holland were 24 and 22, so. :P
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#7179 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

Most importantly NO stunt casting :)

#7180 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

As Michelle's leaving, I'd say chances are high to see Katie as Elphaba in the new casts first few weeks (given she stays Elphaba u/s), since the new standby and other new understudy won't most probably be fully rehearsed by then... Has Katie even been on as Elphaba yet?

I've seen Sophie as Glinda and really liked her in that part (even more than Lucy), so I'm happy she got bumped up. Also glad that Sam's staying, as he's my favourite Boq right now. I've also seen Jeremy's Galileo once and thought he was really strong, so definitely a good choice as FIyero. Not sure what to think about Katie though. How many years has she been playing Nessa now?
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users