7952 replies to this topic

#7181 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

Sad that Gina's leaving as I loved her Glinda but apart from that I'm thrilled with the casting! It's going to be the freshest (leading) cast Wicked has had in a long time!

#7182 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostCatqc, on 01 July 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Sad that Gina's leaving as I loved her Glinda but apart from that I'm thrilled with the casting! It's going to be the freshest (leading) cast Wicked has had in a long time!
   Would be even better if all the principle cast were leaving

#7183 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

View Postisabel, on 01 July 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Would be even better if all the principle cast were leaving
Well its been about 4 years since there's been a new Elphaba and Glinda, plus a new Wizard and Fiyero is pretty good! I do agree a new Nessa would be nice but you can't win 'em all!

#7184 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Would have loved a new Boq

#7185 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Circle Row's A & B any good ? Now Gina is also leaving I wanna be at the final night ! all cheap front Stalls seats gone

#7186 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostJohn_Rebus, on 01 July 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

As Michelle's leaving, I'd say chances are high to see Katie as Elphaba in the new casts first few weeks (given she stays Elphaba u/s), since the new standby and other new understudy won't most probably be fully rehearsed by then... Has Katie even been on as Elphaba yet?

I don't know how often the u/s Elphies will even get to go on, Willemijn's a machine! I've hardly heard of her taking time off, even for holidays. I suppose Katie will get more of a chance though.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#7187 Joysie

Joysie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostTettekete, on 01 July 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

I don't know how often the u/s Elphies will even get to go on, Willemijn's a machine! I've hardly heard of her taking time off, even for holidays. I suppose Katie will get more of a chance though.

Would guess there would still be the same situation as now in the school hol weeks where they put an extra matinee on in half terms etc and the standbys will at least go on for one of them so presumably that would be an opportunity to catch Emma and Sophie?

Really excited by Emma's casting as I've seen her both as Meat and Scaramouche and she's fantastic! Heard only good things about Sophie's Glinda too. Can't say I know too much about Savannah but will be nice to have a fresh take on the role.

#7188 Candela

Candela

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

I've Seen Savannah In Chariots of Fire and she brilliant, She will bring a new Freshness to the role of Glinda. So excited to see Emma, Jeremy and Sam Casted as well :) . But I am Gutted for Hayley leaving she is a brilliant Standby Elphie :(

#7189 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Jacqueline Hughes will be understudying Elphaba after cast change, presumably taking Michelle's place as first understudy.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#7190 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Natalie McQueen has tweeted that she's 1st cover, so assume Jackie will be 2nd and that KRJ won't be covering anymore?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users