7950 replies to this topic

#7201 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'm still gutted Hayley is leaving, pleased for her she is getting extra shows atm.

#7202 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Lovey new interview with Gina Beck

#7203 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Louise at the Evening Standard's reading festival yesterday.

She really has improved in the space of just a couple of months...

#7204 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

She sounds good, doesn't sound ill ...surprised she went off during the matinee.

#7205 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

How she sounded earlier is irrelevant, people can fall ill quickly - food poisoning, for example.  Her "I've felt better" tweet sounds as if it was illness that forced her off.

#7206 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Dayseated at Wicked today - pretty busy. One guy arrived at roughly 9am counting the number of people waiting and asking everybody how many tickets they're planning to buy. Apparently there weren't enough day seats for the matinee left, so he started asking everybody in the queue buying only a single ticket whether they are willing to buy a second for him - including myself.

I declined as I thought it wouldn't be fair for anybody else queuing and waiting and getting up early, but I think he finally found someone in the queue.

Any thoughts? What would you have done?
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#7207 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostJohn_Rebus, on 17 July 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Dayseated at Wicked today - pretty busy. One guy arrived at roughly 9am counting the number of people waiting and asking everybody how many tickets they're planning to buy. Apparently there weren't enough day seats for the matinee left, so he started asking everybody in the queue buying only a single ticket whether they are willing to buy a second for him - including myself.

I declined as I thought it wouldn't be fair for anybody else queuing and waiting and getting up early, but I think he finally found someone in the queue.

Any thoughts? What would you have done?

I'd have told him in no uncertain terms to get lost!  And probably given him a short lecture about how if he wanted to get a seat that badly, he should have got up earlier and queued like the rest of us who are getting tickets fair and square.  And maybe told him that he'd get a slightly discounted ticket in Leicester Square if he went over there instead, but he certainly wouldn't be getting any help to queue jump from me.

I hate anyone who queue jumps – I detest those groups of teenage fangirls who sometimes day ticket on Saturdays – about 2 of them queue, then another 6 turn up about 9.30.  Not a problem for those who are far enough up the queue to still get tickets, but I’d be so angry if I was too far down the queue and had lost out on a ticket because those girls couldn’t all be bothered to get out of bed like everyone else!

#7208 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

No I would not have got him a ticket, tough luck if he missed out, should have got up earlier.

#7209 Candela

Candela

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

i Wouldn't have brought he one either unfair to everyone that queued that morning... Idiot. On another note it emerge last night That Sam Edwards is the 1st cover Fiyero.

#7210 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

I've bought an extra ticket for someone in the day queue once, but that was due to the 2 per person limit, and there were only about ten of us in the queue. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. I like to get there by at least 8:30, myself.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users