• Please log in to reply
7952 replies to this topic

#7211 Coricolonzo

Coricolonzo

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

Seems like Willemijn Verkaik, your next Elphaba, will be Donna Sheridan (aka Schilling) in the German Mamma Mia!-production for nearly two month... Official announcement will be Friday...

#7212 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

I'm not surprised. She seems to be a bit of a workaholic! :P

Off topic, but I thought I'd link this here for anyone who hasn't seen anything Willemijn's been in other than Wicked. This is her playing the title role in Elisabeth, in Thun, Switzerland: https://www.youtube....h?v=jXfdv0NoYts
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#7213 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

Footage from the Mexican production of wicked on a trip to broadway and rehearsing with Stephen Schwartz, Danna Paola (the 18 year old elphaba) singing the wizard and I sounds pretty good to be honest!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#7214 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Just back from seeing wicked, my first time with this cast and have to say it was brilliant, Louise is incredible as Elphaba, what a voice!! Gina is just brilliant as Glinda so funny and a great voice although I'm sure she went wrong in popular, about half way through she began a line stopped, there was an awkward mumble, Louise and her gave each other a  look, as if to check all was ok and then gina picked it up again but defenitly 3 or 4 lines were missed out, maybe this is her take on the role, cutting out these lines but it certainly looked as I she had gone wrong. The rest of the cast are equally fantastic except the guy who plays the wizard, Keith Bartlett I'm sorry but he was crap! So disappointed, really leaves the other cast down in my opinion, my only other slight criticism would be that the orchestra seemed a bit dead, when I saw it before they were always much more lively.

#7215 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 22 July 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

. The rest of the cast are equally fantastic except the guy who plays the wizard, Keith Bartlett I'm sorry but he was crap!

No wizard will ever come close to Clive Carter's. Best since Joel from the original Broadway production, dare I say it but I thought Clive could have been the best ever.

Glad you enjoyed the show

#7216 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

My favourite Wizard by far is Christopher Howell. I wish he'd just take on the role full time rather than being an understudy.

Slightly random question, but is anyone else here attending Scott Alan's concert at the O2 on the 4th? Seems like we have quite a few Wicked people performing there (Willemijn Verkaik, Shoshana Bean, Anton Zetterholm, Ashleigh Gray, Chloe Hart)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#7217 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

Yessss I am! He has put together an amazing line up, and with a 15 piece orchestra it is going to be epic!!!
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#7218 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostTettekete, on 22 July 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

My favourite Wizard by far is Christopher Howell. I wish he'd just take on the role full time rather than being an understudy.

Agreed with this, Christopher Howell is fantastic. I've seen him more times as The Wizard than I have Dr. Dillamond.

#7219 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostMS1995, on 23 July 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

Yessss I am! He has put together an amazing line up, and with a 15 piece orchestra it is going to be epic!!!

It's going to be amazing! I seriously can't wait for everyone who's going to get a taste of our next Elphaba, too. :)

#7220 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Yes! I want to see her do one of his songs she hasn't done before as well, even though she does do 'Say Goodbye' perfectly, it is always nice to hear something new! I think anyone who hasn't heard her before will be blown away though!
PLANNED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users