#7221 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

I've heard her sing "Watch Me Soar" before, she sang that at her big solo concert in Scheveningen last year. Something totally different would be nice, even though I'd love to hear her "Say Goodbye" :)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#7222 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

http://stagestatus.c...lusive-album-pr

Album preview of Rachel Tucker's debut album has arrived! It sounds gorgeous! And if you listen closely to the end of the defying gravity sample you can hear her going up for her signature riff, so I hope that means we have a fully riffed version of defying gravity recorded!!!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#7223 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostMS1995, on 27 July 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

http://stagestatus.c...lusive-album-pr

Album preview of Rachel Tucker's debut album has arrived! It sounds gorgeous! And if you listen closely to the end of the defying gravity sample you can hear her going up for her signature riff, so I hope that means we have a fully riffed version of defying gravity recorded!!!

I can confirm having been witness to the phenomenal album launch last Thurs that Rachel's DG is EPIC!!!! She does her signature 'look to the western sky' growl and it is utterly fantastic to hear it done with such control and power. Gonna be an amazing album!

#7224 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

I was also at the album launch, and seriously, it was the most perfect night. Such a stunning selection of songs, with her gorgeous voice making them a million times more amazing!
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#7225 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

Oh, how I have missed that voice! The power, the control, the emotion and depth... Very excited for this album. She's a star.

#7226 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

She certainly is a star, and how many stars would spend the time and effort to be so wonderfully personable with everyone afterwords! Incredible performer and more important;y the most genuine and wonderful person too! Feeling the Tucker love this week!!

#7227 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

The next 2 weeks and 2 days cannot come around fast enough...her No One But You sounds amazing, and of course Defying Gravity sounds flawless.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#7228 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

Just listening to it now, her No One But You is just gorgeous.  Wish I'd been able to see her play Meat!

#7229 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Oh my!! What a voice! So rich and full. I love her live, but this album is going to be played by me a lot

#7230 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Someone just said on twitter that Katie Rowley Jones is on for Elphaba tonight. Anyone there at tonight's show who can confirm? If so, I'm really really jealous of everyone who gets to see that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users