wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Oh My!!!
Interval Update.

It's like that episode of FRIENDS where Phoebe sings with the cold and her 'sexy phlegm'...Louise is perfect tonight. Out if all the times I have seen her Elphaba, tonight is by far the best.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#7462 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Postcat123, on 14 October 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

If she's still off the show tonight you can question whether she should have sung at the gig or not, but don't jump the gun.

I realise that now for some reason had it in my head that last night was a performance night and she called in sick to appear at Rachel's gig

#7463 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

It's Hayley's last day today, and she's Elphaba for the matinee. Thrilled for her she gets a proper final show, but gutted coz i'll be at the evening show & was hoping to see her !.!! Spose always a chance she'll do evening aswell, guess will have to wait and see.

#7464 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Lucky you! Hayley is on tonight aswell!!

#7465 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Just back from the evening show and indeed it was Hayley. She was absolutely fantastic, her defying gravity was just amazing. The entire show was just stunning and i'll really miss her. Gina was so funny as usual.  Just a shame there was no speech or flowers for her !! Maybe she'll return on the evening of the 16th ?

#7466 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

I don't doubt that she will!

I wonder why Louise was off again though?
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#7467 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Yeah I wondered about Louise, was SO happy it was Hayley ! Louise is off loads recently, looks likely that Ashleigh will go on at this rate :) :)

#7468 Artanis

Artanis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

What do you think of the Mexican Elphaba Danna Paola? Rumor is that she was asked to join the Broadway production. I don´t find her that good, rather ordinary, but OK, not my decision ;-)

#7469 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

Also when people entered the theatre all bags were being checked. FINALLY they are actually doing this, the usher kept telling everyone it's because they are next to a Train Station. Erm this should have been done for years and years - not just now ! All Theatre I've been to search bags and they are not close to any train stations.

#7470 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostArtanis, on 20 October 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

What do you think of the Mexican Elphaba Danna Paola? Rumor is that she was asked to join the Broadway production. I don´t find her that good, rather ordinary, but OK, not my decision ;-)

I really like her, but because she's only 18 I still don't think her voice suits act 2 Elphaba. Her Defying Gravity from the first preview was amazing though, and she looks great in the green :)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users