• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 westendeviek

westendeviek

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

Hello, I know this may be a touchy subject but I didn't really know where else to ask and I joined this board especially. My name is Evie and I'm a theatre fan, but I'm not one of those girls who aspire to be performers, just to clarify.... my true calling lies in creative writing, and now I would like to put this together with my passion for theatre and write a story that is set in the West End. I have read some posts around here, and see that you are wary of possible fakes, I can understand that and you won't see me asking for any performer's personal contact details, or sensitive information like that. However, I do need to speak to someone who is either a performer or has extensive knowledge of drama schools and the journey to becoming a professional performer. This isn't even for a main character in the story that I'm writing but if I do get a lot of help it may become bigger, and it's always good to have that knowledge in case I need to write something else in the future. Someone suggested looking for a so-called experts directory where I could find someone who is experienced in this subject and can answer my questions, however, if I put that into Google all that comes up are sites that require a registration, and by that I mean paying a fee just to sign up. As you can imagine I'm not willing to do that smile.gif
I would need to collect information about what a performer's schedule is like when they are contracted in a show and when they aren't. Also what exactly happens during auditions, if warm-ups are conducted together or individually, and a million other things. I don't know anyone who is a professional performer.... like any other fans, me and my friends go to stage doors, but I would die of embarrassment if I had to speak to any real performer about my project.... it is such an intimate thing to discuss with someone who, at the end of the day, is a stranger. I mean, I've had a fair few examples where I overheard fans say something bizarre or just totally uninteresting to a performer, and watched the performer's reaction to them.... and I just don't want to be that person! I wish there was a way that I could collect this info anonymously, and if you can think of anything, please let me know. If anyone is willing to spare five minutes just to reply to some simple questions, please let me know as well. You have seen some of them in this post, but there's more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users