#1211 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:10 AM

View PostNicholas, on 01 March 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

Cheating but funny.  Went to the BFI for a preview of the new David Hare TV plays (plus Q&A with Hare) starring, amongst others, Olivia Williams.  And who should be in the audience but Olivia Williams - and I only know because she only went and asked him a question in the Q&A!

Please tell us why this was funny.

#1212 jean_hunt

jean_hunt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Er - it's pretty obvious why this was mildly amusing, isn't it?

#1213 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

Yes, of course it is. I suspect HG is like me a bit allergic to this stalky thread, but here we are reading it anyway.

#1214 johng

johng

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Alan Davies at A Taste of Honey matinee today

#1215 poppy7

poppy7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

View PostAlexandra, on 02 March 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

Yes, of course it is. I suspect HG is like me a bit allergic to this stalky thread, but here we are reading it anyway.
Well there is stalking and then there is stalking... the difference between saying you saw someone who is known to the public at large in a public place... and saying you saw them while you were staring with binoculars through their sitting room window.

#1216 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

Matt Lucas is at I can't sing tonight. I think they're renting a celeb per show.

#1217 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

I think I saw Cherie Lunghi at 'Good People' on Monday night....

#1218 EmiCardiff

EmiCardiff

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

View Postpoppy7, on 06 March 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

Well there is stalking and then there is stalking... the difference between saying you saw someone who is known to the public at large in a public place... and saying you saw them while you were staring with binoculars through their sitting room window.

I think in this thread it's also a lot about scoping out which theatre people are seeing which shows, as we don't restrict our "stalking" to actors but to playwrights, directors, Artistic Directors etc. Personally I think it's interesting if say Josie Rourke was spotted at a new playwright's work in a fringe theatre, or if big film directors are spotted watching a particular actor they're later revealed to be working with etc.

That and it's just fun! We all like to gossip (otherwise we wouldn't be on these boards) often some of theatre actors we spot out and about would be met with a resounding 'who?' from our everyday friends.

Also someone's got to keep tabs on Alan Rickman....
Blog with occasional reviews: http://fixedpointint...blogspot.co.uk/

Twitter with occasional theatre reviews and general nerdiness: @EmiGarside

#1219 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostEmiCardiff, on 18 March 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Also someone's got to keep tabs on Alan Rickman....

I won't feel like a 'proper' theatregoer until I've spotted Alan Rickman in an audience!

#1220 Andromeda Dench

Andromeda Dench

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Er... theatre? Plays, musicals, opera. Classic and modern. Playwrights, directors, performers, designers. Theatre venues. Everything.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

I don't see either how noticing famous people in the audience could be construed as stalkerish behaviour... Unless you're an Alan Rickman fan attending theatre shows just because you know he's bound to be at one.
''Fosse believed that, “The time to sing is when your emotional level is too high to just speak anymore, and the time to dance is when your emotions are just too strong to only sing about how you feel." ''

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users