1246 replies to this topic

#1241 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

I'm not very good at recognising well-known people but as I left the matinee of Do I Hear A Waltz at the Park Theatre a man walked past who I think was Brendan Coyle.

#1242 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:51 AM

Adrian Scarborough was at tonight's Conversations with Screen Composers talk with Michael Price at the Royal Albert Hall.

#1243 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:29 AM

Sir Cam of the Mac at Good People tonight.  Just before curtain up he sat in a seat in the row behind me but he left at the interval and didn't return

#1244 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5150 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

Daft, after the interval it really hits home. Maybe he saw the second half last week!

#1245 RedRose

RedRose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

View Postcraftymiss, on 16 April 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

Sir Cam of the Mac at Good People tonight.  Just before curtain up he sat in a seat in the row behind me but he left at the interval and didn't return

I know where he went: St James Theatre, Spoonfull of Sherman Cabaret. He walked passed a friend of mine there.
King Lear (NT), Twelve Angry Men (Garrick),  Mojo (Harold Pinter), Coriolanus (2x, Donmar), Henry V (Noel Coward), Strangers on a Train (Gielgud), Fortunes Fool (Old Vic), Punchdrunk's The Drowned Man (Temple Studios), Jeeves and Wooster (Duke of York's), 1984 (Almeida), Red Velvet (Tricycle), Bring up the Bodies (Swan), Wolf Hall (Swan), The Mistress Contract (Royal Court), Versailles (Donmar), Blithe Spirit (Guilgud), Jane Eyre (Bristol Old Vic)

#1246 Andromeda Dench

Andromeda Dench

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Er... theatre? Plays, musicals, opera. Classic and modern. Playwrights, directors, performers, designers. Theatre venues. Everything.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

Don't know if this counts, but I saw a Strallen of the Summer variety at a vegetarian place where I stopped to grab a lunch-box. I stared at her quite inappropriately long because I couldn't remember right away who she was despite looking terribly familiar (I need new contact lenses and she wasn't doing high-kicks).
''Fosse believed that, “The time to sing is when your emotional level is too high to just speak anymore, and the time to dance is when your emotions are just too strong to only sing about how you feel." ''

#1247 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

Sat behind Nick Hytner at King Charles III at the Almeida, unfortunately didn't manage to catch his thoughts on it.
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users