1243 replies to this topic

#891 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

I saw Stephen Sondheim today in Dalston Junction!  He was at the Arcola theatre to see Sweet Smell of Success and he was a great audience member - he laughed at every funny line and applauded loudly for every song.  I guess he's in town because of the Menier's production of Merrily We Roll Along.

I'm not saying the cast knew he was there but a lot of songs were sung in his direction!
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#892 RedRose

RedRose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostRedRose, on 16 November 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

Richard E. Grant, Richard O'Brien and Tom Riley, Press night of Constellations tonight.

And I forgot to mention Stephen Daldry - I was recognised him, but not idea who he was - only realised when I saw the photos from the opening party.
King Lear (NT), Twelve Angry Men (Garrick),  Mojo (Harold Pinter), Coriolanus (2x, Donmar), Henry V (Noel Coward), Strangers on a Train (Gielgud), Fortunes Fool (Old Vic), Punchdrunk's The Drowned Man (Temple Studios), Jeeves and Wooster (Duke of York's), 1984 (Almeida), Red Velvet (Tricycle), Bring up the Bodies (Swan), Wolf Hall (Swan), The Mistress Contract (Royal Court), Versailles (Donmar), Blithe Spirit (Guilgud), Jane Eyre (Bristol Old Vic)

#893 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

View Postmallardo, on 17 November 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

I saw Stephen Sondheim today in Dalston Junction!  He was at the Arcola theatre to see Sweet Smell of Success and he was a great audience member - he laughed at every funny line and applauded loudly for every song.  I guess he's in town because of the Menier's production of Merrily We Roll Along.

I'm not saying the cast knew he was there but a lot of songs were sung in his direction!

That has to be Spot of the Month. I know he see more shows than Alan Rickman but you really donl't expect international superstars in Dalston. Sorry Dalston.

#894 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

David Tennant at this afternoon's Twelfth Night, looking exceptionally handsome with stubble and specs.
www.frontrowdress.com

#895 Abby

Abby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Carol Thatcher at This House last night - would be interesting to know what she thought of it!

#896 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1777 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

She was there when I saw it too, several weeks ago.

#897 Abby

Abby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostAlexandra, on 22 November 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

She was there when I saw it too, several weeks ago.

Really?? I wonder if you get a few complimentary tickets if you're related to key characters...

#898 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Not London, but I was at the touring Glyndebourne/Michael Grandage production of The Marriage of Figaro last night, along with The Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams (after what I imagine must've been an awful week for him) and Governor of the Bank of England, Sir Mervyn King.

#899 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

Bryony Hannah was at Medea at the Richmond theatre on Saturday afternoon and Marc Warren was at Uncle Vanya this evening.

#900 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

A double in The Magistrate on Monday night - Damian Lewis (the second time I've seen him - previously seen him a year ago in the foyer at the Barbican) and Sophie Winkleman.
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users