• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#11 Harold Hill

Harold Hill

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:48 AM

The worst thing about this was Tommy Steele, his co-star (Billy Boyle) was so much better in the show, but was never allowed to shine due to Steele's meglomania. The reviews that I read crucified him, and suggested, quite rightly, Boyle was actually the real talent in the show!

#12 Peter

Peter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:04 AM

For those who don't read the front page, it's been confirmed that a new production is in the works:

http://www.whatsonstage.com/index.php?pg=2...=E8821171972187

Though they don't say whether this is a completely new show (score etc) or just a revival of the Tommy Steele version...

EDIT - Though the article does say 'a return to London', so I presume it is the same show after all. Oh well.
"Don't you DARE use 'party' as a verb in my shop!"

#13 Guest_mattbell_*

Guest_mattbell_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(Peter @ Feb 21 2007, 10:04 AM) View Post
For those who don't read the front page, it's been confirmed that a new production is in the works:

http://www.whatsonstage.com/index.php?pg=2...=E8821171972187

Though they don't say whether this is a completely new show (score etc) or just a revival of the Tommy Steele version...

EDIT - Though the article does say 'a return to London', so I presume it is the same show after all. Oh well.

BUT produced by Paul Coxwell who tried to produce that musical with Gary Wilmot, PERSONALS, that didnt get past the first week of rehearsal... thought his company had gone bust ! and Underneath the Lintel certainly isnt selling... will this ever see the light of day I wonder?? and do we care ??

#14 Out In The Sticks

Out In The Sticks

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, watching and performing (amateur).....

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:36 PM

This was Stephen Mears first BIG break he took over from Tommy when he was indisposed!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users