15 replies to this topic

#11 El Peter

El Peter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:53 AM

Re post#7 and separate threads for separate shows: seconded, if not thirded.

Why start a new thread about a play or show that already has a thread, unless you have something major and new to say about what is otherwise just a facet of an existing thread?

E.g. There might be existing separate threads for 'Cats', 'Chicago', etc. However, you might be justified in starting a new thread to ask, say, 'Have musicals provided far more roles for women than for men, and, if so, why is this?' That would lead to discussion, the discussion would draw on experience of separate musicals, but be genuinely trying to open up some new field for consideration.

The old board had airheads starting new threads about piddling little obsessions, bees in bonnets, that could have been genuine questions on existing and more appropriate threads. Let's hope that the new board rises above all that.

#12 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:17 AM

There are currently nine on Equus (and counting...). Do people still believe that starting a new thread for every new comment is a good idea?

#13 Guest_Guest_Lynette_*_*

Guest_Guest_Lynette_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:42 AM

Skylight, get a grip. Sometimes one fails to see the other thread and one is very keen to get an idea posted. Sometimes it is not the same idea even about the same play or show. Sometimes the existing thread is terribly boring....

#14 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5134 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:47 AM

I AM NOT A GUEST. PLEASE COUNT MY PREVIOUS POST OR I WILL NEVER GET THE GIDDY HEIGHTS OF SKYLIGHT OR THAT LIGHT BULB. x

#15 Guest_Skylight_*

Guest_Skylight_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:53 AM

Wooo how come I get selected out for the need to "get a grip" when I neither started the thread nor posted on this subject tonight?

#16 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:16 AM

Lynette - your post makes me despair of this board. Even an otherwise sensible and informative poster thinks it perfectably acceptable to ignore eight other threads and start another one meaning that anyone else interested in the subject who hasn't read the boards for a couple of days has to open multiple  threads to find all the information they want on a single subject. Remember - even in 2007, not everyone has high-speed internet access.

BTW - you need to actually Log In not just write your name in the Guest field

And the behaviour of the Guest posting NT all over the place is the strongest argument for ser Registration I've seen so far. If we had to register in order to post, his IP address could be banned and we wouldn't have to suffer his particular breed of rubbish again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users