• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 tomfoolery

tomfoolery

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:08 AM

I saw this show again last night and it blew me away. I was lucky enough to watch it as part of the 24:7 theatre festival in Manchester and watching it the second time was even better. This is a haunting piece of work that will live long in the memory, I was speaking to my fellow audience members on the way out and everyone was glued to their seats. Compelling viewing, especially the young actor Joe Sims playing the criminal whose performance was not only mesmerising but chilling, at points you feared for your own safety as he was incandescent with rage and so convincingly unstable I had to keep reminding myself that I was "in the theatre". I am lead to believe this show has won awards since and I am not at all surprised. This show comes as part of 3 shows that were all at 24:7. 5:30 - again brilliant. A great piece about an experience we have all felt when you attract the unwanted attention of a nutter on public transport and the superb Lub You about the breakdown of a relationship seen through the eyes of a child (brilliantly played by former Corrie Actress Eve Steele). A great, great night and highly recommended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users