4 replies to this topic

#1 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

Can anyone tell me what qualifies David Gest as a judge on You're The One That I Want?  Has he produced or starred in any musicals?  I know he was married briefly to Liza Minelli but does that qualify him?  Other than being a former pop star and being on The X Factor what is Sinitta's job that qualifies her as a judge?  I know they've got some bloke who's a choreographer so at least he's qualified to judge.  Obviously David Ian is a theatre producer so he qualifies.

With Any Dream Will Do the judges comprise two musical stars (whether you like DVO or not she has starred in Chicago and Tell Me On A Sunday), a vocal coach and a theatre producer as well as ALW.  All of them seem qualified to judge the contestants.
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

#2 Colourarc

Colourarc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:37 PM

Sinnita started out in Musicals waaaaay back.......before her pop career took off, she was cover for the girls in Little Shop at the Comedy.

David Gest???? mmmmm......not sure on that one.......

Cx
nice. nice. nice. nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice. very nice!

#3 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:46 AM

I do remember Sinitta starred in the hit musical Mutiny with David Essex. laugh.gif
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

#4 oscardarling

oscardarling

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:01 AM

umm...still tapping into Gest's 'success' with 'I'm A Celebrity...'? Having a well-known name whose behaviour in the past has been sometimes quite unusual and therefore hoping people will tune in to see more of the same? A gimmick to get more viewers...gee, I wonder if it's all about the audience ratings first...

#5 Billy Elliot

Billy Elliot

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:53 AM

Gest is a producer in the States.  Still can't think anyone worst though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users