Any Dream Will Do!
Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:16 PM
1. I know having to appear half naked is a requirement of the roll but the whole take your top off thing in the first episode is a bit cheap, especially when the panel of professionals reacted the way they did.
2. Slightly concerns me that they are looking for someone that Denise Van Outen described as "David Beckham who can sing".
3. Why the need for the all the "staging"? It's interesting enough to see an audition process and the auditionees. You don't need to stage things like the stalker girlfriend or people going to see ALW because they are so outraged at being kicked out. Working in a venue that filmed X-Factor last summer I know all too well how much that stuff is scripted and staged! Everything from the judges "verdicts" which are just filmed to camera.
4. If you can't take rejection from a single audition then you really have no future in musical theatre. Using the line "it's all I've ever wanted to do" is so stupid. What so if you get to be Joseph for a year you'll kill yourself afterwards because you've achieved your life ambition?
5. Joseph is one of the stupidest roles to cast in this manner. The narrator does far much more! It's not particularly challenging in terms of acting or singing. Why not cast an entire show or cast the brothers. Why just one role?
Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:38 PM
Oh, come on! You know that nothing impresses an employer like having a friend plead your case when you've just failed a job interview. It creates that "I can't stand on my own two feet and need constant hand-holding" image that every employer is looking for in a future member of staff.
Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:45 PM
On Saturday's Joseph programme he mentioned being in Phantom;
& Google found me the info that he has been understudying (& sometimes playing) Raoul.
(I wonder whether, if he's still in the running for Joseph, that might affect his availability re Phantom -
especially as 'Joseph School' is or was in Ireland.
Apart from those 3 days though, maybe they can work around important commitments like that.)
Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:15 PM
Chances are both Joseph and Grease will sell out for the first few months whoever wins. It's the power of television.
Displays and Sales all year.
Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:26 AM
Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:32 AM
erm does anyone actually care ?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users