• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#11 Nathan

Nathan

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:40 PM

If I remember correctly, didn't the Really Useful Group get sued by a former Starlight Express actress for health and safety breaches?

Apparently the racing track had been re-painted/varnished (?) with insufficient time for it to dry before a performance. I'm sure she won and got a subtantial pay-out...

Is that right?

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:50 PM

What about the lad from the original cast of Notre Dame De Paris who fell from the girder (when they had failed to clip him on, despite the song being delivered horizontally and 20 feet above the ground) in Refugee. This was near the start of the run and he never played the role again during the 15 months or so it was on, although he stayed in the program as the lead in that role throughout the run.

#13 Guest_achilles_*

Guest_achilles_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 15 2007, 12:50 PM) View Post
What about the lad from the original cast of Notre Dame De Paris who fell from the girder (when they had failed to clip him on, despite the song being delivered horizontally and 20 feet above the ground) in Refugee. This was near the start of the run and he never played the role again during the 15 months or so it was on, although he stayed in the program as the lead in that role throughout the run.

Hallo Chorlton....just have to hijack this thread a second to say that the original model of Chorlton is sat two feet away from me now. I used to work on the show a long time ago. Like us all, chorlton is showing signs of age, but still raises a smile with all who meet him.

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:12 PM

Can't believe no one has mentioned Sebastian Torkia nearly having his head taken off in Martin Guerre at the Prince Edward.

#15 Colourarc

Colourarc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 15 2007, 02:12 PM) View Post
Can't believe no one has mentioned Sebastian Torkia nearly having his head taken off in Martin Guerre at the Prince Edward.

I was there for that one too..........maybe I should should shut up now............people won't employ me if they think I'm a jinx!!!!!!!    wink.gif

Cx
nice. nice. nice. nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice. very nice!

#16 Chorlton

Chorlton

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE(Colourarc @ Feb 15 2007, 02:38 PM) View Post
I was there for that one too..........maybe I should should shut up now............people won't employ me if they think I'm a jinx!!!!!!!    wink.gif
Cx

didn't he get a tree in the back of his head?   90-something stitches?  he made a full recovery..  but it was quite horrific!

#17 Chorlton

Chorlton

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(achilles @ Feb 15 2007, 01:49 PM) View Post
Hallo Chorlton....just have to hijack this thread a second to say that the original model of Chorlton is sat two feet away from me now. I used to work on the show a long time ago. Like us all, chorlton is showing signs of age, but still raises a smile with all who meet him.

OMG!   I'm so starstruck!!!    I'm such a big fan as I grew up with the show.   does he do appearances? autographs???

#18 Colourarc

Colourarc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:13 PM

It was an automated flat that clipped something on stage and went a bit haywire ( If I remember correctly), it also knocked Hal (I think!) off the table he was standing on!

there was a member of the audience in that day who had seen the show a couple of times before, well nearly, every time he came to the show we stopped & cancelled! I think he finally got to see the show all the way through at some point!

Cx
nice. nice. nice. nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice. very nice!

#19 Chorlton

Chorlton

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Colourarc @ Feb 15 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post
It was an automated flat that clipped something on stage and went a bit haywire ( If I remember correctly), it also knocked Hal (I think!) off the table he was standing on!

there was a member of the audience in that day who had seen the show a couple of times before, well nearly, every time he came to the show we stopped & cancelled! I think he finally got to see the show all the way through at some point!
Cx

That's the trouble with theatre gossip..  it starts off a flat..  & soon becomes a tree!

#20 Baz

Baz

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Marius_* @ Feb 15 2007, 06:41 AM) View Post
she was also in that dreadful gale edwards production of whistle down the wind ???

No she wasn't

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users