#1 D. D. Cupps

D. D. Cupps

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:11 PM

Silence! The Musical to have European premiere in October 2009

Award-winning cult Silence of the Lambs spoof comes to London

Silence! The Musical, the unauthorised musical parody of The Silence of the Lambs, is to make its European premiere at London’s Barons Court Theatre this October. The show, in which the character of Hannibal Lecter performs songs such as “If I Could Smell Her C***”, will play for 12 performances only from 20th – 31st October.

The hilarious musical, which is being produced by London fringe company Imperial Productions, was the hottest ticket at the 2005 New York Fringe Festival, shattering box office records and taking the coveted “Outstanding Musical” Award.

Silence! features music and lyrics by Jon and Al Kaplan and a book by Tony Award nominee Hunter Bell. The send-up of the Oscar-winning movie has become a cult hit online for its catchy tunes and crude lyrics (another of the showstopping songs is entitled “I’d F*** Me”).

The European premiere stars a cast of eleven and is helmed by veteran fringe director David Phipps-Davis, with musical direction from André Refig. The production runs from Tuesday 20th to Saturday 31st October for 12 performances only (nightly at 7.30pm Tuesday to Saturday, with Saturday matinees at 3.00pm).

Full details are available at www.imperialproductions.org/silence. Tickets can be booked in advance (strongly recommended due to the small size of the venue) on 020 8932 4747.

Director David Phipps-Davis said: “Silence! is one of the most exciting cult musicals in years and we are delighted to be bringing it to the London stage for the first time. Don’t miss the chance to join Dr Lecter and friends for an unforgettable evening in this atmospheric pub theatre. I’ve been told the bar serves a nice chianti.”

The Barons Court Theatre is in the Curtain’s Up Pub, 28a Comeragh Road, London W14 9HR. The Box Office line is 020 8932 4747.

For a taste of the songs from the show go to the composers’ website at www.jonandal.com/silence.html.

The cast features Connor Brown (Buffalo Bill), Lee Roberts (Multiple Miggs/Papa Starling), Marc Forde (Jack Crawford), Antony Stuart-Hicks (Frederick Chilton), Tom Murphy (Hannibal Lecter), Charlie Cable (Clarice Starling), Natalie Tapper (Ardelia Mapp/Barney Matthews), Olga-Marie Pratt (Catherine Martin/Senator Martin), Sophie Linder-Lee, Nicola Redman and Kate Parker-Frost.

#2 PaulT

PaulT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:01 PM

We heard one of the songs on Monday night from the show at the First Birthday Celebration of the Above the Stag Theatre.  It was really good.
I see that Silence! moves there in January.

#3 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(PaulT @ Oct 21 2009, 01:01 PM) View Post
We heard one of the songs on Monday night from the show at the First Birthday Celebration of the Above the Stag Theatre.  It was really good.
I see that Silence! moves there in January.

They are two different productions but it's a fantastic piece of theatre and the production at the Barons Court is brilliant. So funny!!! Saw it this week and I'd urge anybody to get hold of a ticket before it closes.

#4 Guest_Sukie_*

Guest_Sukie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(bananafrit @ Oct 25 2009, 01:49 PM) View Post
They are two different productions but it's a fantastic piece of theatre and the production at the Barons Court is brilliant. So funny!!! Saw it this week and I'd urge anybody to get hold of a ticket before it closes.

Stag advertising it as Professional UK Premiere. How can they do this when it is already on and being performed by a Pro cast? Can't think of anything worse!

#5 Wickalot Q

Wickalot Q

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE(Sukie @ Oct 28 2009, 12:05 PM) View Post
Stag advertising it as Professional UK Premiere. How can they do this when it is already on and being performed by a Pro cast? Can't think of anything worse!

I believe this is because the Barons Court production was performed under a amateur license where as the Stag's show is a professional production.

#6 bob8rich

bob8rich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:28 AM

Booked to see this next January. Can't wait - it looks deliciously crazy! (And some of the most obscene song titles imaginable! lol)

#7 Guest_Fred Crabkit_*

Guest_Fred Crabkit_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

Saw 2nd preview today of this transfer to Above The Stag and loved it, one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Tory Ross as Starling is superb, and oddly sexy even with her terrible wig and rubber-faced expressions.

#8 BaritioneDiva

BaritioneDiva

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:22 PM

Saw this last week. Enjoyed it for what it is, which is completely 2 dimensional escapism.

Its really well directed and I agree with comments about Tory Ross as Clarice. Go see if you enjoyed the Naked Gun/Hot Shots/Scary Movie.

Oh, and ps don't sit in the middle of the front row. During one number you get a bit too much of an eyeful if you know what I mean blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users