• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 iv2jrm

iv2jrm

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:42 PM

I am sorry to have to say this but sitting here watching his interview on bbc4 and all i can conclude from it is that he is a total :insertworstsmileyeverhere:

If anyone else is watching this please convince me that i am wrong! he is so out of touch with reality its unreal

#2 Radar

Radar

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:56 PM

But Nicholas Craig has such an important and varied career behind him.  I'd be interested to know what it was you found so irritating?  He's one of those people who really add colour and life to the establishment, and the interview was enlightening and informative.  I just don't think his attitude to modern day theatre could be any more planer.

#3 sunsetnorma

sunsetnorma

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:47 PM

Nicholas Craig...!!!

Not watched but I'm assuming Radar's delicious pun is pointing us twards the character created by Nigel PLANER...?

My...there is a blast from the past...a work of genius.

A natural successor to Michael Green's "Art of Coarse Acting"

I once had a copy of Craig's "I, An Actor" which I remember being hilarious...!!

Wish I'd watched now.

Guess it's only fitting that he should re-emerge on the First of April

Gx

#4 Radar

Radar

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:20 AM

You could have allowed at least one reply.......

Tut.

#5 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:47 AM

"I, An Actor" is the greatest theatre memoir ever published and still sits on my shelves snugly between Dennis Quilley's "Happiness Indeed" and  Peter Sallis' "Fading Into The Limelight" (with both of which it has much in common).

#6 Job

Job

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

For my part I was, yes I'll say it, moved beyond words by the interview. How could one not be?

Job
With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.

#7 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

Who is Nicholas Craig?
I won't be called a baggage!

#8 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

You've not heard of Nicholas Craig? Great stage actor, now perhaps best known as Thargon the Robot, though some of us still remember his Alan Turing in the musical TuringaDingDing.   BBC4 devoted yesterday evening to a well-deserved tribute to him which hopefully will be repeated so keep an eye on the schedules

#9 El Peter

El Peter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:16 AM

Who was David Garrick? Weren't Dames Flora Robson, Edith Evans and Sybil Thorndike in Alma Cogan's backing group? Sir Laurence who?

"Who is Nicholas Craig?" There was a time when a question like that could not have been asked on a website like this. I would not be at all surprised that it was the TV showing of excerpts from Craig's Thargon that caused McKellen to lose nerve and postpone press-night for his Lear at Stratford. Yet why does McKellen have a knighthood when, even now, Craig goes without a K to call his own?

I'm glad that BBC4 recognised NC's contribution, and not before time.

#10 sunsetnorma

sunsetnorma

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:02 PM

Hey Radar...I'm sorry for spoiling your fun but I figured that as is was nearly midnight on the "day of fools" there was probably NOT going to be anymore replies...!!

and El Peter...It is interesting that your post points out a feeling I've had fr a while that I feel SERIOUSLY OLD on this site..or is it just that I have a long memory...!!!

lol

Gx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users