* * * * - 1 votes

Disappointed performances and why -dont post just to make a vile attack - back your opinions up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:22 AM

when he could remember lines and stop corpsing

Jeniffer's singing was quite weak but she had a great charisma and was the most real Roxie in a long time (surely Roxie is like Sally Bowles - if she was such a good singer, why would she be a naff nightclub singer?)

#32 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(barnesly @ Feb 18 2007, 09:30 PM) View Post
I saw her twice.  Once fairly early on, and the second time about half way through the run.  The second time I was sat on the very front row so could hear how amplified she was.  The big tap numbers certainly lacked the impact they did on Broadway, though whether that was due to AH or just the London production, I'm not sure.

I saw Amanda Holden  on her first performance back after the time she took off due to illness and I thought she was really quite good.  She danced well, she sang it fairly well and she acted it well.  I admit she lacked a bit of sparkle, but overall I thought her performance was more than adequate.

I think the whole West End production lacked a certain impact.  I've seen clips of the Broadway one and it does seem London was given a scaled down production.
I won't be called a baggage!

#33 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:25 PM

NT

#34 Out In The Sticks

Out In The Sticks

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, watching and performing (amateur).....

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(barnesly @ Feb 18 2007, 09:30 PM) View Post
I saw her twice.  Once fairly early on, and the second time about half way through the run.  The second time I was sat on the very front row so could hear how amplified she was.  The big tap numbers certainly lacked the impact they did on Broadway, though whether that was due to AH or just the London production, I'm not sure.

I really enjoyed Amandas performance, I thought she had star quality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users