• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Boydoll

Boydoll

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

After recommendation from a friend, a few nights ago we went along to catch Bobby Crush (as Liberace) in the small, sold out downstairs space at Leicester Square Theatre.  If you love live piano and Liberace as we do, then you’ll be treated to an absorbing, fun show. What amazed me most was how he manages to play those intricate numbers without one note of written music. He even takes a random selection of songs from the audience and turns them into an instant medley. A show even more outrageous than Liberace himself – worth going just to gawp at for the frocks and rhinestones alone.

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(Boydoll @ Oct 23 2009, 11:03 AM) View Post
After recommendation from a friend, a few nights ago we went along to catch Bobby Crush (as Liberace) in the small, sold out downstairs space at Leicester Square Theatre.  If you love live piano and Liberace as we do, then you’ll be treated to an absorbing, fun show. What amazed me most was how he manages to play those intricate numbers without one note of written music. He even takes a random selection of songs from the audience and turns them into an instant medley. A show even more outrageous than Liberace himself – worth going just to gawp at for the frocks and rhinestones alone.

Quite agree. One of the funniest things I have seen for ages. We went not knowing what to expect and the whole thing was a joy. Definitely worth catching

#3 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE(Boydoll @ Oct 23 2009, 12:03 PM) View Post

Many musicians have quite amazing memories for music. Classical concert pianists rarely use sheet music when they play in public, the normal exceptions being for new, modernist pieces.
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:01 PM

Bobby Crush is amazing in this show. It is one not to miss.

#5 Guest_Ian Freeman_*

Guest_Ian Freeman_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 29 2009, 11:01 PM) View Post
Bobby Crush is amazing in this show. It is one not to miss.

God (!) he is good! We went last night and had a wonderful time. My wife is far too young to remember Liberace but she became a fan when we went to see Bobby as L. in his last show (at the Jermyn St. theatre, I think). BC is such a star - it was at rue tour de force and highly recommended for all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users