I had an interesting conversation once with a father of a young teen (I think she was 11) when ushering 'Priscilla' after explaining there was an 'age guidance' of 15 plus and apologising that he hadn't been told when booking he gave the most mature parental reaction to something not going to plan I'd encountered as an usher, simply saying "I'd rather she hear and see these things with me in the theatre than somewhere we can't have a conversation about it"
As it turns out she didn't bat an eye at the content or the swearing except to be horrified at the use of the word 'fags' (which is more than I can say to the many adults laughing at it)
I think it's so unfair of them if they were to bring back old cast members to perform at the final show. I think it's so disrespectful to the current company who should be closing the show. I think old cast members could maybe come onstage for some sort of final medley but that's it really.
Sorry I disagree. Writing a post doesnt necessarily mean its always just someones opinion, depending on the subject being discussed it could be a fact (with actual proof of the issue in question)
Im also with posterj on the name thing, just because on a one time meeting a performer says thats what you can call them (to speed things along and make things less awkward) I would still use their proper name outside of that situation
Especially because even if you can't pronounce someone's name, spelling it should still be easy enough when you can just copy and paste it. This is an online public forum, not a conversation between two people at the stage door.
The muck-up matinee was absolutely brilliant - so glad I decided to go!
Here are just some of my favourite muck-ups:
- Gina continuing to sing and hold her note in 'No One Mourns the Wicked' when she gets interrupted.
- Gina calling Boq "Beq/Beck" all through the show, instead of Biq.
- Gina: "it seems the broccoli is boiled" instead of "it seems the artichoke is steamed".
- Gina's whole Popular scene: Adding the little post Toss-Toss giggle that Louise used to do as 'Glinda'/doing the splits/putting about 4 different pink flowers all over Louise's hair/clothes instead of just one/etc.
- Gina: "I hope they don't get lost. I should have given them the sat nav!" - this one literally cracked me up.
- "Glinda, is it true she was your BFF?" to which Gina had to respond with: "well, it depends what you mean by... BFF" - it was too funny.
- Ben saying "you're hot" instead of "you're good" to Glinda.
- Ben: "Well, she clearly doesn't give a marmite finger what anyone else thinks!" in the DTL scene.
- Ben rushing back on stage asking "yes?" after Elphie calls after him before I'm Not That Girl, then quickly running back off again.
- Ben saying "Why thank you" when Elphie tells him he still looks beautiful in the last scene.
- One of the flatheads in 'One Short Day' was open and a backstage member ran across the stage after it from one side to the other. The rest of the song was performed by just two flatheads.
- Louise doing a hilarious dance in DTL for Gina to then have to copy. So funny!
- Ben swinging back a couple times before finally saying "Let the green girl go".
These are just some of the ones I remember, there were definitely more. And I realise some were done by previous casts before, but most (particularly Gina's) were original.
Well its based on one persons posting so its rumour at this stage, but a likely one
And its not like she is Madonna, she could easily launch an album (which has a small market) and do Sunday concerts etc. And she can take shows off if any concerts are midweek. Plenty of musical theatre people have done it before.