Sorry I disagree. Writing a post doesnt necessarily mean its always just someones opinion, depending on the subject being discussed it could be a fact (with actual proof of the issue in question)
Im also with posterj on the name thing, just because on a one time meeting a performer says thats what you can call them (to speed things along and make things less awkward) I would still use their proper name outside of that situation
Especially because even if you can't pronounce someone's name, spelling it should still be easy enough when you can just copy and paste it. This is an online public forum, not a conversation between two people at the stage door.
The muck-up matinee was absolutely brilliant - so glad I decided to go!
Here are just some of my favourite muck-ups:
- Gina continuing to sing and hold her note in 'No One Mourns the Wicked' when she gets interrupted.
- Gina calling Boq "Beq/Beck" all through the show, instead of Biq.
- Gina: "it seems the broccoli is boiled" instead of "it seems the artichoke is steamed".
- Gina's whole Popular scene: Adding the little post Toss-Toss giggle that Louise used to do as 'Glinda'/doing the splits/putting about 4 different pink flowers all over Louise's hair/clothes instead of just one/etc.
- Gina: "I hope they don't get lost. I should have given them the sat nav!" - this one literally cracked me up.
- "Glinda, is it true she was your BFF?" to which Gina had to respond with: "well, it depends what you mean by... BFF" - it was too funny.
- Ben saying "you're hot" instead of "you're good" to Glinda.
- Ben: "Well, she clearly doesn't give a marmite finger what anyone else thinks!" in the DTL scene.
- Ben rushing back on stage asking "yes?" after Elphie calls after him before I'm Not That Girl, then quickly running back off again.
- Ben saying "Why thank you" when Elphie tells him he still looks beautiful in the last scene.
- One of the flatheads in 'One Short Day' was open and a backstage member ran across the stage after it from one side to the other. The rest of the song was performed by just two flatheads.
- Louise doing a hilarious dance in DTL for Gina to then have to copy. So funny!
- Ben swinging back a couple times before finally saying "Let the green girl go".
These are just some of the ones I remember, there were definitely more. And I realise some were done by previous casts before, but most (particularly Gina's) were original.
Well its based on one persons posting so its rumour at this stage, but a likely one
And its not like she is Madonna, she could easily launch an album (which has a small market) and do Sunday concerts etc. And she can take shows off if any concerts are midweek. Plenty of musical theatre people have done it before.
The way they have announced the West End Elphaba is just silly. Why not announce the tour first. Maybe the tour is selling well so this is a push to sell more West End tickets. Not everyone is on Twitter though.
But maybe i can start some Intrigue with the tour cast that i know. I will let the forum work out the names, more fun this way.
Elphaba - NDJ Glinda - ET
Fiyero - LD Boq - GU
Nessa - CG
OZ - Big Name Not sure myself. Different one for each venue. Any Guesses ?
If this is true, then there goes my excitement for the tour. Taking nothing away from the two ladies who've got Elphaba, but the producers had two opportunities to cast a new Elphaba and didn't, and given the number of insanely talented possibilities, that's ridiculous.
Yes, my disappointment in it is partly because it's her fourth company of Wicked, when there are plenty of women who could be fantastic Elphabas who haven't even been in one company of Wicked yet. Congratulations to her on her West End debut obviously, and the language thing is of course an achievement, but I do still think it's a waste of an opportunity to put someone fresh into the show.
Regardless though, she's now been hyped up so much it's going to take a lot for her to actually impress me as much as she seems to have done for others... I'll happily eat my words if she really is that good, but my goodness has she been hyped up!
As I said, if people have got jobs, they're not likely to tweet anything concrete about it until they know they're allowed to, so it's pointless trying to read things from tweets that could mean anything!