- Ditch the Audience Award, it is cheapening and unnecessary.
- Get rid of the Piazza portion of the show - it does not add anything to the show and the performances and the sound quality are always far inferior to those inside the theatre itself.
- Also scrap the z list presenters. It was great to see Kathleen Turner presenting an award, not so for Gok Wan. Angela Lansbury is in town, surely she could have handed out an award?
- The NT50 show proved short excerpts of plays could be performed and showcased, and that may not be possible here but I know many shows are filmed for prosperity so it would be nice to see even short clips so people who haven't seen the shows know what are being honoured.
- Establish what awards mean, the "Outstanding Achievement in Music Award" was bizarre in its ambiguity. Take a leaf out of the Tony Awards book, who have awards for Book, Orchestrations and Score.
- Stop with the ruddy stereotyping, more than "women and gay men" are watching.
AlfMember Since 28 Nov 2010
Offline Last Active Private
- Group Full Members
- Active Posts 440
- Profile Views 3155
- Member Title Advanced Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown