I see no one's moaning any more that the finalists' musical theatre credentials are being concealed from the voting public. I'd expect the arena production to accompany songs with a troupe of dancers and lighting effects. Are any of you voting or intending to vote, or do you just plan to criticise the lumpen public for voting for who they like instead of who you like with your impeccable discernment?
1) TV will edit a show to how it wants to protray people.
2) As has been previously stated the director (Paul Nicholas) gave JA his full backing to go to the audition.
3) Many actor whilst rehearsing for other shows get permission from the director to audition for other shows.
4) JA was only in a 4 week limited run of the show - it was never an open ended contract.
5) Acting like any profession s a job - are you telling me if you went to a job interview got it and started working, then a better job was down the line and you went an interviewed for and got that, that you honestly wouldn't take the better job...Please!
6) Sometimes it is all too easy to over question the position of an actor/performer and the choices they make, in the end we like everybody else have bills to pay, mortgages to keep up with, families to support, and in the end that will always take priority on every decision we make.
I went to see the touring production of Oliver! quite recently and found some people's behaviour to be rather rude. Just along my row on my right were two fussy girls in their early 20s, who kept noisily swapping seats (there were two seats spare closer to me) and moaning throughout the performance that they couldn't see anything. Bear in mind, their seats were the very back row of the dress circle. Furthermore, on my left were people who continued to talk really loudly throughout the performance. I mean, why bother paying for a ticket and not watch it properly? At the end, there were also people several rows in front who stood up at the beginning of the curtain call, shuffling about and blocking the view to get their possessions and leave without even applauding the cast! This bothered me the most. You have sat through a 2 hour 30 minute performance done really well by the young cast and you can't even be bothered to stay and applaud them and show them respect? I thought it very rude.