• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 l0islane

l0islane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

I attended the WOS awards last night and it was great fun (even if I didn't agree with a lot of the winners wink.gif ).  My problem was with the video screen at the back of the stage.  The top half of it was completely obscured from view for everyone in the back half of the dress circle.  It meant we could not see the faces of anyone who accepted the awards by video or the lists of nominees (which were essential considering the strange decision was made not to read them out!).  We also had no idea what the joke was when a picture of someone was put up on the screen during one of the first songs!

I appreciate the tickets we had were probably the cheaper ones, but still, being able to see people accept their awards and who was nominated for the awards was a fundamental part of the show! rolleyes.gif

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:56 PM

Hi Lois

We are sorry about the screen. In fact, it's the first time we've been able to have video projection at the concert and it was quite a late addition, after we 1) figured out how to afford it! and 2) got times to film the winners who were unable to attend on the night (not the easiest thing with schedules like those of Mssrs Law, Barrowman, Brown and Atkinson).

Of course, we then didn't have access to the theatre and weren't able to hang the screen until the day itself, when the visibility problem became apparent. We tried to find ways to improve back-of-stalls visibility then but other technical considerations prevented it.

However, we're hoping to be able to use a screen next year too - and have definitely learned a lot from this year so it won't happen again!

Thanks so much for coming - and for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Terri Paddock
Editorial director

#3 Guest_Chips60_*

Guest_Chips60_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(admin @ Feb 16 2010, 06:56 PM) View Post
Hi Lois

We are sorry about the screen. In fact, it's the first time we've been able to have video projection at the concert and it was quite a late addition, after we 1) figured out how to afford it! and 2) got times to film the winners who were unable to attend on the night (not the easiest thing with schedules like those of Mssrs Law, Barrowman, Brown and Atkinson).

Of course, we then didn't have access to the theatre and weren't able to hang the screen until the day itself, when the visibility problem became apparent. We tried to find ways to improve back-of-stalls visibility then but other technical considerations prevented it.

However, we're hoping to be able to use a screen next year too - and have definitely learned a lot from this year so it won't happen again!

Thanks so much for coming - and for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Terri Paddock
Editorial director

#4 Guest_Chips60_*

Guest_Chips60_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:40 PM

Lets try that again!
The awards show was excellent and I had a great night.
Was sitting in the stalls right at the end of row M and also had trouble seen the screen.
If you had two screens one at each end of the stage you would give a better viewing angle to the seats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users