5 replies to this topic

#1 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

<H2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 18px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; COLOR: #dd3623; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: Georgia">Coming Soon... The Invisible Man</H2>

[/color][color="#000000"]We are thrilled to announce that this year's Christmas Show will be Ken Hill's The Invisible Man directed by former Artistic Director of Regent's Park Open Air Theatre, Ian Talbot.

H.G. Wells’s classic novel has been converted into a music hall romp for the entire family. The ‘ideous ‘appenings that shook the bucolic village of Iping when the sinister Griffin arrived, wrapped in bandages and with a distinctly unsociable manner, are told with tongue-in-cheek humour combined with jaw-dropping special effects

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

what with the nt churning out fela and the west end spinning out the hits of jedward or such 'artists' i thought the MCF was the only place for a christmas treat

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:06 PM

The original West End production of this was great fun. I can't remember but I think there were songs in it.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:01 AM

i saw it on tour with a doctor who in the lead ... it was fun but only ever an ok night out at the theatre. it did have some songs in, i think played on a couple of keyboards

#5 Red Momma

Red Momma

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, my garden and my large family.
    I also enjoy travelling

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 5 2010, 09:01 AM) View Post
i saw it on tour with a doctor who in the lead ... it was fun but only ever an ok night out at the theatre. it did have some songs in, i think played on a couple of keyboards

Doctor??
Dr Who as played by Silvester McCoy.

#6 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

I've been listening to ALW's and Tim Rice's The Likes of Us recently and I thought it would be a great musical for the Menier to do, as it would suit a small space perfectly, and requires little scenery etc. It's such as great score with some very good lyrics by Rice, and it would do very well at the box office too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users